Author Topic: New bugs starting to show up  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
New bugs starting to show up
« on: August 07, 2016, 08:28:27 AM »
Everything has been great, no major bugs to report, until now.  First, sims picture shows their asleep, when they are still eating dinner.  Then they kind of pop all over until they are actually in bed.  Same thing happens when it says they are using the restroom.  It shows the bladder bar going up when they are not even there yet.  I seem to be having more sims just popping up from whatever they are doing and then find them in another room, lol.  I am going to repair, but wanted to see if anyone else is were having issues.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
Re: New bugs starting to show up
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 12:59:55 PM »
My game seems to pick up most bugs every time there is a major patch.  Even bugs that were fixed at one point show up again later after another patch. I'm still having musical chairs, Sims ignoring commands in the queue and bypassing the kitchen sink to use the bathroom sink.  I have one lot with an indoor kitchen and a limited outdoor kitchen by the pool.  When my Sim wants to cook she'll go outside to use that fridge to mix her food and then bring it inside to cook. Nothing blocking the indoor fridge. She'll also go back outside to wash the dishes in that sink.

No mods, no CC.

I've repaired, reported and  started new games.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 04:17:32 PM »
@Saltypaws  A very full personal inventory on a sim will cause these kinds of glitches. It's a good idea to store as many items as possible in fridges or the storage chest. It's even better to sell all unnecessary items, which I know isn't always possible due to certain careers. Also stacks of 99+ items can cause lag and glitches too.

@RunAmokSims sometimes the sims just do not route to where we want. It's technically not a game bug.  :-\  I've got to the point that I just do not decorate my main playing households houses for aesthetics anymore but purely for functionality as this kind of behavior drives me quite mad. 
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 05:43:02 PM »
@Saltypaws  A very full personal inventory on a sim will cause these kinds of glitches. It's a good idea to store as many items as possible in fridges or the storage chest. It's even better to sell all unnecessary items, which I know isn't always possible due to certain careers. Also stacks of 99+ items can cause lag and glitches too.

@RunAmokSims sometimes the sims just do not route to where we want. It's technically not a game bug.  :-\  I've got to the point that I just do not decorate my main playing households houses for aesthetics anymore but purely for functionality as this kind of behavior drives me quite mad. 

So I guss like the culling and relationship culling  it's another working as intended feature.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 06:00:41 PM »
Pretty much. The fridge issue is a classic example, if you take out the pool fridge then your sim will probably use the kitchen fridge just fine. Maybe if you left the fridge out by the pool in the household inventory for a while you could 'train' your sim to use the kitchen fridge so that when you replace the poolside fridge your sim might only use it occasionally rather than constantly.

Same with the kitchen sink v's bathroom sink. I've found that placing a dishwasher in the kitchen helps with this but not always. My sims will still occasionally walk right past the kitchen sink and the dishwasher, walk upstairs, walk past one bathroom just to go wash the dirty dishes in another bathroom sink. *face palm*

I suspected at one point that it has something to do with which sink was purchased the most recently but not really. It really is just weird AI behavior. I do wonder why the devs don't just tag kitchen sinks a such and disallow dishwashing in all other sink types... maybe it's not as simple to do as it is to write?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 06:05:13 PM »
I do wonder why the devs don't just tag kitchen sinks a such and disallow dishwashing in all other sink types... maybe it's not as simple to do as it is to write?

From my knowledge of programming (and that knowledge is from years ago), I believe that would add a lot of complexity to the programming process, and offer a lot of risk that new and exciting bugs would show up. It just depends on how the devs have set up those particular assets on the ease/difficulty of that for the programmers.

anything