Author Topic: New NPC's keep spawning  (Read 4182 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
New NPC's keep spawning
« on: August 12, 2016, 10:59:01 PM »
Why do new NPC's keep spawning?  I only have one restaurant open so far and a cafe.  I even made my spa, night club and some of my restaurants generic?  Fill empty homes is unchecked in my gameplay options.

However, I used cas.fulleditmode to change the gender and appearance of all NPC's in my game.  Does changing their gender/appearance/aspirations/traits in cas.fulleditmode cause the game to spawn more NPC's?

The NPC's are all unplayed and not in world, but I combined those households to make it easier.

Any tips for reducing the number of NPC's would be appreciated.

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: New NPC's keep spawning
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 12:00:08 AM »
The NPCs will always populate your town. They usually occupy some of the jobs like librarian, gym instructor and the like. You can opt to delete Family NPCs once in a while to minimize them, but it will not stop new NPCs from spawning again. You might want to check on mods if they have anything that will stop NPCs from appearing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: New NPC's keep spawning
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 08:56:35 AM »
The NPCs will always populate your town. They usually occupy some of the jobs like librarian, gym instructor and the like. You can opt to delete Family NPCs once in a while to minimize them, but it will not stop new NPCs from spawning again. You might want to check on mods if they have anything that will stop NPCs from appearing.

Thanks a lot, Indira. I will look into mods and delete some family NPC's.