Author Topic: Restaurant Wars: What's on the Menu?  (Read 11990 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Restaurant Wars: What's on the Menu?
« on: August 19, 2016, 06:17:58 AM »
Restaurant Wars: What's on the Menu?

Goal
Similar to last year's Look What's in Store for You, the team is offering players a chance to heat things up with the new restaurant content in the Dine Out game pack.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • This challenge requires the Sims 4 Dine Out game pack. You can purchase this here.
  • Create one human YA in CAS.
  • You may place the restaurant Chez Llama.
  • You may use the Buydebug cheat to purchase a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • No moving allowed.
  • No household additions.
  • No careers.
  • No marrying.
  • Your Sim will build and manage a restaurant that will always serve:
    **Drinks: Water, Coffee
    **Appetizer: Cereal, Yogurt
    **Main Course: Mac and Cheese, Grilled Cheese
    **Dessert: Chocolate Cake, White Cake
  • You're allowed a one-time transfer of $15,000 from household funds to your restaurant. Your restaurant should be your only source of income, so you may transfer funds from the restaurant to your household income. You are allowed to sell back the drinks that you have made while learning items to add to the menu.
  • You may decorate only with items from build/buy mode.
  • Each week, your Sim will have the opportunity to add a maximum of 7 items in each category to the menu. These have to be items that your Sim has made, either mixed as drinks or cooked, baked, grilled or made with the popcorn popper or ice cream maker. Each week at 8 am on Sunday, your Sim will remove the 28 items and begin to add 7 items in each category that haven't been offered before.
  • NOTE: It's unlikely that you'll be able to keep the same three employees throughout the challenge. Sometimes they'll get culled or they'll quit in the middle of a shift. Dealing with employee turnover is part of the challenge.
  • The game ends at 8 AM on the 7th Sunday. Make sure to keep track on a sheet of paper with marks for every Sunday.

Scoring

At 8 am on the 7th Sunday, find the resale value of your Sim's restaurant. That is your score.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, Nutella, LenaLJ, Trip, and MarianT) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                                 Restaurant Resale Value     
oshizu                            128885
lesleyj42                            98213
MissZoef                            97028
Ginj                            94510
sdhoey                            91463
rokrchik                            90632
Metropolis Man                            81654
Eighty8Keys                            60150

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Restaurant Wars: What's on the Menu?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 10:28:00 AM »

Added to the Rules:

• You're allowed a one-time transfer of $15,000 from household funds to your restaurant.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 05:27:12 PM »
I have a question about the following rule:

"Each week, your Sim will have the opportunity to add 7 items in each category to the menu. These have to be items that your Sim has made, either mixed as drinks or cooked, baked, grilled or made with the popcorn popper or ice cream maker. Each week at 8 am on Sunday, your Sim will remove the 28 items and begin to add 7 items in each category that haven't been offered before."

Do you mean that you choose 7 items per catagory each week to serve to your guests? So that it remains 7 items per category at all times? And not add onto the ones you already have? Because you need to offer things that are unique?

I hope I asked my question(s) clear enough (english is my second language and although I have no problem understanding or using it most of the time, sometimes I'm unsure about understanding things correctly). Because it's a challenge I don't want to misinterpret anything  :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 05:52:50 PM »
I have a question about the following rule:

"Each week, your Sim will have the opportunity to add 7 items in each category to the menu. These have to be items that your Sim has made, either mixed as drinks or cooked, baked, grilled or made with the popcorn popper or ice cream maker. Each week at 8 am on Sunday, your Sim will remove the 28 items and begin to add 7 items in each category that haven't been offered before."

Do you mean that you choose 7 items per catagory each week to serve to your guests? So that it remains 7 items per category at all times? And not add onto the ones you already have? Because you need to offer things that are unique?

I hope I asked my question(s) clear enough (english is my second language and although I have no problem understanding or using it most of the time, sometimes I'm unsure about understanding things correctly). Because it's a challenge I don't want to misinterpret anything  :)

Yes, it remains 9 items in each category each week -- the 2 that you'll always have plus 7 unique items.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 10:39:03 PM »
Am I understanding this correctly - you have to make the food before you can offer it, and you can only place one restaurant, and you can only make experimental food after learning the recipe by eating it, and you can't eat it because your restaurant can't offer it - so you can never offer experimental food in the restaurant.  Is that right?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 08:31:48 AM »
Am I understanding this correctly - you have to make the food before you can offer it, and you can only place one restaurant, and you can only make experimental food after learning the recipe by eating it, and you can't eat it because your restaurant can't offer it - so you can never offer experimental food in the restaurant.  Is that right?

No. You're allowed to place the restaurant Chez Llama, which serves experimental food.

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 10:47:10 AM »
I really want to try this challenge and register just so that I can ask you this :).

Do we have to add 7 items each week? What happen when my sim cannot learn to make 28 new types of food in time?

Thank you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 12:22:08 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, Isabelalabe! Yes, you can add less than 7 items each week.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 09:49:48 AM »
Added:

Your restaurant should be your only source of income, so you may transfer funds from the restaurant to your household income.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 11:21:28 AM »
Two more additions:

• You are allowed to sell back the drinks that you have made while learning items to add to the menu.
    You may decorate only with items from build/buy mode.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 09:15:44 AM »
Added:

• NOTE: It's unlikely that you'll be able to keep the same three employees throughout the challenge. Sometimes they'll get culled or they'll quit in the middle of a shift. Dealing with employee turnover is part of the challenge.

Offline rubywyld

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 02:30:52 PM »
So the only way to get funds to build your restaurant, other than what is left over after buying a lot to live on is by selling back drinks you make while skilling?  Sorry if that is a silly question, I haven't played with the restaurant features at all really other than sending my sims to eat at one.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 03:03:04 PM »
So the only way to get funds to build your restaurant, other than what is left over after buying a lot to live on is by selling back drinks you make while skilling?  Sorry if that is a silly question, I haven't played with the restaurant features at all really other than sending my sims to eat at one.

You're allowed to transfer $15,000 from household funds to your restaurant to build with. After that, you'll make money from running your restaurant.

Offline rubywyld

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 10:34:22 AM »
Thank you MarianT, I had to go do a short trial run with restaurant stuff.. I was (am, LOL) pretty clueless with the whole thing...even took me a few minutes to figure out how to even pull up restaurant actions... 'oh yeah that register tab' .. :)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2016, 01:18:42 PM »
I have a problem with critics in my restaurant. Every time a critic comes in, he/she doesn't get served. The food is ready in the kitchen, but my waiters won't bring it to the table. This only happened with a critic. Is this a known bug?