Author Topic: Need to Fix this Hair Assignment!  (Read 1520 times)

Offline animatedoodle

• Nooboo
Need to Fix this Hair Assignment!
« on: September 03, 2016, 06:15:45 PM »

Hi Guys

The above image is of a custom hair, that is impossible to find in my folders, I don't know where it came from.
I would appreciate it so kindly, if anyone recognizes the creator, or a website where they have seen it, so I can find the original download link and find the file name.
I want to reassign it from male to female. Or delete it all together. Depends on how merciful I feel.

Thank you all so kindly, and have a wonderful and amazing day!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Need to Fix this Hair Assignment!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 06:25:55 PM »
Hi @animatedoodle! I don't recognize the hair, but when I have an issue like this, I use the program Sims 4 Tray Importer to identify the troublesome cc. You can make a sim in CAS with the hair, then save it to your library and then open Sims 4 Tray Importer and it should show you the file names of all cc on the sim.
Good luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline animatedoodle

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 11:06:26 PM »
Hi Fran! Thanks so much for replying

I opened the program, but it's a program to view whats inside lots/sims right? So I have to make a sim with that hairstyle, save it in my library, open that sim in Sims 4 Tray Importer and look for the CC there?

Just checking before I go haywire on this thing!  8)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 11:57:33 PM »
Yup! That's exactly right! Once you have the filename you should be able to google it and figure out where it came from.
Happy simming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline animatedoodle

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 06:58:52 AM »
That is an insane way to go about finding troublesome CC! But beggars can't be choosers
that hairstyle is driving me insane.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I'll try that this weekend when I have time.

Happy Simming to you too! - D

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 01:04:19 PM »
:) Yes, it's a bit of a pain, but definitely worth it.

One thing I wanted to mention is to make sure the cc you're trying to find is the only cc you put on the sim you create and save. The program will give you a list of all cc on that sim, so you don't want to get confused and delete something you wanted to keep.

Offline animatedoodle

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 01:51:02 AM »
Hi Guys!

I thought since I was lurking here to clarify somethings that I found about this issue.

1. The sim hair in question is Nolan Sims Florence Hairstyle, found here

2. There seems to be a glitch in where, just randomly, female assigned CAS parts get assigned to male sims. I thought this was a problem restricted to only the piece of CC in question, but alas it is not! I saw a male sim with high heels on another forum the other day. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, if not, welcome the opening of mind in your neighbourhood :) I'm sure some interesting stories can come from it.

3. SimsTray Tip: Make a random family, I made a male, female and 2 children. Dressed them in only in CC that I hated in-game. Plopped them on an empty lot. Filled the lot with CC that made me weep silently. Made a loooooong wall, for the wall items that made me frowny face. Then saved both family and lot in my library, exited, opened Sim Tray, found the family and lot. Opened the CC tab, and there is an option to reveal the items in Explorer. I deleted it all in one go, and was immensely satisfying.

I really hope that helps people who are having problems with deleting CC in game that they cannot identify. I have now gone back to my folder system. Less headaches!

Thanks again Fran!!! :D  8)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything