Author Topic: 2016 Challenge Tournament Finale: Cheating Your Way to a Renaissance  (Read 16519 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
2016 Challenge Tournament Finale: Cheating Your Way to a Renaissance

Goal
The team is loosening up in some ways for the Finale and allowing all players to use the all-powerful static needs cheat. On the other, there's still plenty of strategy and skill that will be necessary as you move your Sim throughout the different Willow Springs households and try and complete as many Renaissance Sim Aspirations as possible before your Sim turns Elder.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create one YA in CAS.
  • All City Living content is banned for this event.
  • Lot Traits are banned for this event.
  • You may use the Buydebug cheat to purchase a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • You may use the "Disable Household Needs Decay" cheat every time you play your challenge file.
  • Once your Sim completes the Renaissance Sim Aspiration, move him/her into one of the other households* in Willow Creek. Change the Aspirations of YA, Adult, and Elder members to Renaissance Sim. An adult Sim cannot work on any other aspiration until the Renaissance Sim aspiration has been completed. Teens that become YAs while your Sim is in the house must also be given the Renaissance Sim aspiration, but you do not have to return to a house once you've left.
  • Except for Logic, no two Sims in a household (except original created Sim) can work on the same skills or careers.
  • Once every grown-up in the household has completed the Renaissance Sim Aspiration, move your Sim into a different household.
  • Rinse and repeat** until your Sim becomes an Elder.
  • **If your Sim goes through all houses in Willow Creek, including homes moved into after you started your file, then you are allowed to move to Oasis Springs.
  • The game ends when the game naturally ages your Sim up to Elder (no aging your Sim up yourself).
*Premade or moved-in by the game. You may not add to your starting Sim's household or add Sims to the premade households.

Scoring

Aspirations - When the game ages your Sim up to Elder, pause your game and give yourself 10 points for every Renaissance Sim Aspiration completed, including the one for your starting Sim.
Milestones - Partial credit for incomplete Aspirations - 2 points per Milestone.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, Nutella, LenaLJ, Trip, and MarianT) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                                 Aspirations     Milestones     Total   
reggikko                            1206126
Deianira Daray                            1200120
lesleyj42                            9024114
GlazeyLady                            10010110
Metropolis Man                            90696
Ginj                            80080
MissZoef                            601878
Eighty8Keys                            601070
CynKuy                            501262
JocyMc                            50454
rokrchik                            50--50
sdhoey                            30838
coolsim9999999                            30636

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: 2016 Challenge Tournament Finale: Cheating Your Way to a Renaissance
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 01:11:38 AM »
I created a YA in CAS to practice before this challenge begins.  I have a few of questions.

1. May I use the Sim I just created in CAS in my scoring file --- if I start the Sim out anew with a starter home in Willow Creek?

2. After my first YA completes the Renaissance Sim Aspiration, do I move them out to a new house right away, or do I keep them in the same house, get them married, have kids, who will begin the  Renaissance Sim Aspiration as YA's? 

So, I guess I really am asking, do you want us to get the first house full of Sims who are doing the Renaissance Sim Aspiration before moving anyone out --- unless someone finishes that aspiration?

3. Is it ever O.K. (after a Sim has some money from working and before they move to the next house) to buy new furniture or change house colors on the inside or outside/add career items/items with auras to help with careers --- or what is not allowed --- besides the items from the City Living pack.

Thanks a lot.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 07:35:57 AM »
I created a YA in CAS to practice before this challenge begins.  I have a few of questions.

1. May I use the Sim I just created in CAS in my scoring file --- if I start the Sim out anew with a starter home in Willow Creek?

2. After my first YA completes the Renaissance Sim Aspiration, do I move them out to a new house right away, or do I keep them in the same house, get them married, have kids, who will begin the  Renaissance Sim Aspiration as YA's? 

So, I guess I really am asking, do you want us to get the first house full of Sims who are doing the Renaissance Sim Aspiration before moving anyone out --- unless someone finishes that aspiration?

3. Is it ever O.K. (after a Sim has some money from working and before they move to the next house) to buy new furniture or change house colors on the inside or outside/add career items/items with auras to help with careers --- or what is not allowed --- besides the items from the City Living pack.

Thanks a lot.

1. The rule is that you start with a new Sim for the play file.

2. Once your Sim has completed the aspiration, you'll move him or her in with another household. The only Sim that moves is the original starting Sim.

3. Sure, career rewards that have been earned by a household and re-decoration are allowed.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 04:55:21 PM »
Thanks, Marian T for answering all of my questions.  I will be sure to create a new Sim for my scoring file.

1. Since the original Sim for the challenge moves --- even though others don't, how do I add new Sims who will fulfill the Renaissance Sim Aspiration (marriage/having a baby or adding a Sim via CAS?

2. Are all of the Sims used for the aspiration supposed to be related?

Thanks again! :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 04:58:33 PM »
Thanks, Marian T for answering all of my questions.  I will be sure to create a new Sim for my scoring file.

1. Since the original Sim for the challenge moves --- even though others don't, how do I add new Sims who will fulfill the Renaissance Sim Aspiration (marriage/having a baby or adding a Sim via CAS?

2. Are all of the Sims used for the aspiration supposed to be related?

Thanks again! :)

Some of your questions are getting too detailed, so the team will answer you via PM.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 05:01:07 PM »
Sorry, Metro.  I tried to keep them broad.  Thanks for letting me know, though.  If I have further questions, I will pm the team.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 01:01:00 PM »
The general challenge rules say that players must keep up with the most current patch for TS4.

There’s a new update available in Origin: Version 10.1.1.35466
I'm assuming that this is different --- or is it required, too?

I'm not sure if I updated Origin on October 4, but I probably did.
Where is the Origin update version number located on the Origin screen?  What is the number for the most updated Origin version.

I know that the last patch for TS4 was on September 27, 2016.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 01:59:53 PM »
Origin updates are different from TS4 updates. I think Origin requires you to update, so I wouldn't worry about the Origin version number. I've never been able to find it myself.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 02:49:09 PM »
Thanks a lot, MarianT.  I can't wait to start my scoring file!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 09:42:21 PM »
The following clarification has been added:

An adult Sim cannot work on any other aspiration until the Renaissance Sim aspiration has been completed.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 10:34:45 PM »
Ummmm....do those of us who started our official gameplay file early this morning get a do-over?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 07:22:27 AM »
Ummmm....do those of us who started our official gameplay file early this morning get a do-over?

Yes, if your interpretation of the rules was different from ours.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 07:36:23 AM »
Another clarification:

*Premade or moved-in by the game. You may not add to your starting Sim's household or add Sims to the premade households.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 11:49:56 AM »
Another clarification:

Except for Logic, no two Sims in a household (except original created Sim) can work on the same skills or careers.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2016, 12:03:59 PM »
My starting Sim quit her job when she moved into the first house of premade Sims in Willow Creek.  I didn't know that she could continue that career because one of the premade Sims was going to do it.

I am only going to have a chance at getting Renaissance Sims in that household, so that's another reason why she quit the career.  Because of the no 2 Sims in a household rule, I didn't know what to do.  I didn't want to mess up, so she quit her job.

What should I do about her quitting her job because of what I explained above?

anything