Author Topic: Taking Sims On Vacation Question  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Taking Sims On Vacation Question
« on: October 12, 2016, 12:38:56 AM »
If I were to send one Sim or more on vacation to Granite Falls then will the Sim(s) I leave at home do what they want or can I instruct them on how to act during that time? I'm a little worried about Sims quitting/changing their jobs, having affairs or doing something stupid if I leave them to their own devices for a while, lol.

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
Re: Taking Sims On Vacation Question
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 10:12:40 AM »
While on vacation, I've never had a sim left behind change jobs or have an affair. By default, they care for themselves which includes attending school and/or work and taking care of needs. I believe there are limited actions you can control (such as having them build certain skills) which can be done by clicking the icon on their picture. Not positive about that capability, however, because I have always let them just take care of themselves, but it's worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Taking Sims On Vacation Question
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 03:11:25 PM »
Just to add to what @lesleyj42  posted, sims left behind will just behave like they do when you leave them behind when going to a community lot etc. In real terms they are not even generated by the game as they are not on an active lot, but for in-game purposes you will be able to control them by directing them to take care of there basic needs using the 'away' actions. When you get home after the vacation expect their needs to be pretty low as often the 'away' interactions aren't the best at filling the needs indicators.

I've often left sims at home while focusing on one sim in Granite Falls and nothing drastic has ever happened to them and certainly never had them changing jobs etc like they can do when you play another family.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything