Author Topic: Social Media  (Read 12388 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Social Media
« on: November 04, 2016, 04:22:41 AM »
So it looks like the Charisma guide is out of date now. In testing I saw that you do still unlock the ability to create a social media account at level 5, I remember being saddened that having followers did nothing back when I made the Charisma guide. Makes me wonder if there is anything new to this. Won't have time to test for a while what with other things needing done, but thought I'd throw it out there that I know it's out of date. If anyone is sure there's something new to it for Sims who are NOT in the new careers, let us know.

I also do not know if this affects the base game without the EP.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Social Media
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 02:41:23 PM »
@Carl --- I could check my tech guru Sims when they check their followers. I have lots of packs --- including City Living.

Also, I could have my husband check his Sims.  He only just bought the base game yesterday.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Social Media
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 05:16:12 PM »
@Carl --- Playtesting with most of the packs --- including City Living.
One of my tech guru Sims with a level 10 Charisma went to social networking and started a social media profile.  After having uploaded a viral video, when he checked his followers, his happy moodlet did not increase --- even though he received 1,000,000 followers!  However, he did remain happy.  Also, my Sim did not gain any new socials, such as being paid to blog, as you mentioned in your charisma guide.

Nothing new with this skill/social.

Base game playtesting --- no packs
My husband @sierrablue333 checked on this, too. 
One of my husband’s Sims with a level 5 Charisma went to social networking and started a social media profile.  When he checked his followers, his happy moodlet did not increase.  Even though my husband's base game Sim had 0 followers, his happy moodlet did not increase.  The sim remained happy.  Also, my husband's Sim did not gain any new socials, such as being paid to blog, as you mentioned in your charisma guide.

Nothing new with this skill/social.