Author Topic: Maintenance/Testing  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Maintenance/Testing
« on: November 06, 2016, 08:17:06 AM »
Im making some changes this morning that could cause some blank pages, errors etc. This will only go on for a short time before we are back to normal.

If anyone gets 503 service unavailable, you can help me find a resolution faster by copying a link to the page you were on when it happened. If you seem locked out and it's blank, come back in just a few minutes and it should be working again - no need to report that unless it goes on a while.

As always if you have a long term issue with the site I can be reached at carl at carlsguides.com

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Maintenance/Testing
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 11:27:03 AM »
OK! All done, again you can reach me at my easy to remember email - carl at carlsguides if something goes wrong!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 01:23:48 PM »
Sorry everyone, used the weekend to get things up to date and feeling happy with where we are. No more funny business today.

To tapatalk users: Ill get to updating it soon. I don't even know if it is working? Chime in and let me know.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 01:26:32 PM »
Sorry everyone, used the weekend to get things up to date and feeling happy with where we are. No more funny business today.

To tapatalk users: Ill get to updating it soon. I don't even know if it is working? Chime in and let me know.

I thought I had lost my update!!! Your lucky I didn't LOL Alls well..  Thanks for all you do Carl!!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 01:32:45 PM »
@sdhoey oh my that's no good. Glad we avoided it. When I can I like to give an hour notice, but wanted the day open as it was my last thing.

In general when I put us in maintenance you should be able to hit back and re post if it is locked when you submit, not nearly as dangerous as when I need to reboot the server (which is thankfully rare these days) :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 01:35:11 PM »
 ;D Yep its all good. Your such a great host!! Thanks

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.