Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 131437 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2016, 09:13:56 AM »
Added:

You may evict ghosts from households at any time.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2016, 12:05:37 AM »
While setting up your game before actual play starts, (your template),  can you remodel any houses/apartments while keeping their original foot print and are you limited to adding ONLY the items mentioned to parks and other venues.  For instance, suppose I wanted to add a food kiosk to a part or a shower to a rest room, would it be ok?  Or if you place a park, like the Newcrest Park on a much larger lot, can you add several missing items and fill that lot, basically making your own park which would be more like the already existing ones?  I could see where this challenge could be a builder's delight and therefor keep the long play interesting for them.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2016, 09:25:28 AM »
While setting up your game before actual play starts, (your template),  can you remodel any houses/apartments while keeping their original foot print and are you limited to adding ONLY the items mentioned to parks and other venues.  For instance, suppose I wanted to add a food kiosk to a part or a shower to a rest room, would it be ok?  Or if you place a park, like the Newcrest Park on a much larger lot, can you add several missing items and fill that lot, basically making your own park which would be more like the already existing ones?  I could see where this challenge could be a builder's delight and therefor keep the long play interesting for them.

Yes, I think you can do all of those things. The long list of things that can be added was mainly to remind players of objects they might forget. And of course, anything new can usually be added. I'm not sure why you'd want to remodel a house before your Sim moves in, though, unless it's one you downloaded from the Gallery, and you want to make sure it has beds, etc. Incidentally, Joria, #carlsguiderdc can be used for this challenge too, so if you want to add any houses to that (hint, hint) feel free. That goes for our other builders, too, of course.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2016, 12:43:17 AM »
Thank you, Marian T.  Why would I want to remodel?  Because EA usually uses ugly and useless stuff that takes up funds that could be used for skill items.  So the houses should still be around the same value, but more useful.  Of course I'll upload them.  Building is my groove.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2016, 06:44:23 AM »
I see that only things in personal inventory can be taken with as long as they were made or found, but, what about larger furniture made with the woodworking skill? Those would appear in household inventory and not the personal inventory, not sure why I would want to take those with but it just struck me that technically they are "made" as well and thus should be allowable?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2016, 08:11:30 AM »
@Magpie2012, technically they are allowable, but since there's no way you can put them in your inventory, it's a moot question. If you can figure out a way for your Sim to get them to his new house, that's fine.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2016, 09:59:37 AM »
Lol oops, yeah forgot about that lol

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2016, 07:13:39 PM »
@MarianT :  Remodeled the Pizazz residence just to see what could be done and managed to add another dining room chair, (there was only one before) an easel, a chess table and chairs, a bar and a key board.  Changed quite a few things around including turning the kitchen into the bedroom/office and made the kitchen/dining and lounge one open space.  Problem is you cannot save this kind of thing to your library!  EA wouldn't allow it saying it was restricted to apartments and penthouses when I tried to save to library.  Of course, you can save to your template, which I did.  I did not try actually playing Ms. Pizazz and saving since this is only my template and I want it with only the beginner Sim showing as played.  (Beginner, not founder)
I think empty remodeled apartments can be saved to library but haven't tested it.  Should I add "improved" parks and venues to #carlsguiderdc or wouldn't they be allowed for this challenge anyway?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2016, 09:07:29 PM »
@MarianT :  Remodeled the Pizazz residence just to see what could be done and managed to add another dining room chair, (there was only one before) an easel, a chess table and chairs, a bar and a key board.  Changed quite a few things around including turning the kitchen into the bedroom/office and made the kitchen/dining and lounge one open space.  Problem is you cannot save this kind of thing to your library!  EA wouldn't allow it saying it was restricted to apartments and penthouses when I tried to save to library.  Of course, you can save to your template, which I did.  I did not try actually playing Ms. Pizazz and saving since this is only my template and I want it with only the beginner Sim showing as played.  (Beginner, not founder)
I think empty remodeled apartments can be saved to library but haven't tested it.  Should I add "improved" parks and venues to #carlsguiderdc or wouldn't they be allowed for this challenge anyway?

I guess I wasn't aware of the difficulties in saving apartments or posting to the Gallery. I'd say go ahead and add "improved" parks with a description. Also, I read on the official forum that sometimes MOO can cause problems in restaurants that have been downloaded from the Gallery, so try not to use that cheat on any restaurants.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2016, 04:09:34 PM »
I had that problem today. If you want to save your apartment as 1 item, you have to trick the game into thinking it's 1 room, so just knock down 2 or 3 wall pieces on each wall so the game registers it as a single room and then you can save it as a room. I don't know why they restricted it, but, it's a bit silly!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2016, 04:07:48 PM »
I have testet my spreadsheet abit now, and atleast for me it is working.
Please write if you find any errors in it so i can correct it. And also if it makes no sense at all :)

Here is the spreadsheet: Click

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2016, 04:18:18 PM »
Thanks Lena! This will be very helpful.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2016, 04:47:50 PM »
@LenaLJ, Wow, that spreadsheet is a thing of beauty. Excellent job organizing everything!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2016, 07:51:59 PM »
The first ten gen house remodel can be found HERE.  It is the Pancake house so if you choose one of them for a spouse it should make life soooo much easier.  MarianT if this is not allowed remove my post please.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2016, 08:26:16 PM »
Announcement:

Hall of Fame Prize. All players who have made it into the Hall of Fame by the end of 2017 will be entered into a random drawing at the end of the year. One lucky player will be randomly chosen for a $50 Amazon gift card. It's the team's way of saying thank you to those who dedicate a serious investment of time to finish their dynasties. You don't have to write a story, but should be prepared to furnish a detailed account of your dynasty.

anything