Author Topic: What is an easy challenge to start with?  (Read 2973 times)

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
What is an easy challenge to start with?
« on: November 10, 2016, 05:54:02 PM »
Greetings,

I'm looking for an easy challenge I can take on. I tried the Legacy challenge 4 times and got so frustrated with it. I'd love to try again at some point but not right now.

Any thoughts?

Chickwit

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: What is an easy challenge to start with?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 06:34:20 PM »
I enjoyed Pinstar's Wonder Child challenge. Its fairly short and not too restrictive. It also produces a nice sim at the end of it.  There are a few stories based on it here on the forum that will give you an idea of what's involved.

Another option would be to try an old tournament challenge, obviously you can't post a score but you can read all the winners strategies and measure your progress against posted scores.  Tournament challenges tend to only last for a few sim weeks ending when the sim(s) turn adult or elder depending on the rules.

Happy Simming

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 06:54:35 PM »
I think it depends on your play style, too. If your problem with the Legacy challenge is that you eventually get bored with playing the same family all the time, maybe a rotational challenge like the Rival Dynasties, Build a City or Prosperity challenges might be more fun.

Or, as HelenP suggested, you may want a more short-term solution like an old tournament challenge or the wonderchild challenge. Another shorter one is @Playalot 's Runaway Teen challenge.

At the moment, I'm working on the Immortal Dynasty Challenge. It's sort of? a legacy challenge. But you keep your founder and it's slightly shorter (8 generations rather than 10).

Another one that I recently found was the Drifter challenge. You can play as a grand challenge, or a series of smaller standalone challenges. It really looks like fun and I might try it some day, but personally I have to stick with my IDC or else I'll never finish anything. :P
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 07:18:38 PM »
@Chickwit

I second the suggestions by @HelenP
As far as an easy challenge, I'm not sure the Rival Dynasties Challenge (RDC) would be the answer, considering that no one has yet to complete the challenge since its unveiling a year ago.
The tournament challenges are the perfect way to hone your gameplay skills and pick up awesome tips about a wide variety of gameplay aspects.
A tournament can run as short as the young adult phase (20 sim-days) or a combo of both the young adult and adult phases (40 sim-days).
The Wonder Child Challenge lasts roughly 32+ days from the Wonder Child's conception by an adult couple. It's a fun challenge, regardless of whether you keep score or not.

I've read the rules and stories based on the Drifter Challenge, recommended by @Whirligig; I'm not sure it would qualify as an easy challenge.
That's just me, though, since I'm not into building very much.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 08:16:13 PM »
I guess it depends on whether or not you're looking for 'easy' or interesting. As I said, it depends on what problems you're having with the legacy challenge. If it's actually that it's difficult, then yeah, probably not most of my suggestions. But if it's a matter of losing interest, then that's where shorter/changing challenges might be a better fit for you.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 11:30:21 PM »
The Cheat Your Way To a Renaissance at least involves one cheat in the rules, so that could maybe help you --- and you still have until December 1 to complete it.  It's under the Sims 4 Challenge section of this forum.

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 07:45:25 PM »
Hello all,

Thanks for so many wonderful ideas.

I didn't get bored with the Legacy. It seemed like I'd reach my elder stage before completing everything for the challenge right at the first generation.

I'll research these and figure out what to try my hand at.

This forum is so helpful.

Chickwit

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 09:10:37 PM »
You're welcome, @Chickwit :)!  I'm sure you will find the challenge that is the best for you.  Also, there will be a fresh batch of challenges next year in the Sims 4 Challenges section of this forum.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 01:41:42 PM »
Another one that I recently found was the Drifter challenge. You can play as a grand challenge, or a series of smaller standalone challenges. It really looks like fun and I might try it some day, but personally I have to stick with my IDC or else I'll never finish anything. :P

I've been watching videos of the drifter challenge obsessively. I like the idea of it because you start from 0 every time and also because I tend to get bored once my sims start doing well. I also love that it requires you to try different aspects of the game that you might normally not try.