Author Topic: Underground Adventure Issue & Invention Questions  (Read 1786 times)

Offline KCNDreams

• Nooboo
Underground Adventure Issue & Invention Questions
« on: November 11, 2016, 03:17:13 PM »
Hi, I currently have a masterful miner, and while I've noticed an increase in the amount of rare metals, gems, and the underground adventures that pop up, my sims don't actually bring anything back from them. I've also seen people refer to them as multiple adventure holes, but usually after one trip, the glow disappears and I can continue mining through it.

I had another related issue while they were on vacation, they'd go into the hole only to reappear a moment later either okay or singed with a notice that they've brought something back, but nothing was added to their inventory. Back at home, they'll be gone for multiple sim hours, but again won't bring back anything despite a notice saying they did. Before traveling, it was still hit or miss whether they'd 'succeed', and at those times, they'd only bring back a blue topaz or quartz.

I was also wondering if it was normal to only get a very common gems from the adventures, or if there was better stuff down there. My sims currently have 2-3 points in Athletics, and none in Logic, and I haven't tried increasing them to test if it produces better loot. I've gotten notices that they've dropped items when running, but I thought it was just meaningless text, similar to 'if they were thinner, they didn't fit through a hole'. Is it actually because their skill is too low? I seem to get the same 'adventures' with it, and I don't want to dedicate time to those skills if it's not going to make a difference. I'm fine with just filling them in and continuing to mine, as it's been the best way to find items (despite completely flooding my house with gnomes -- 12 and counting from a week of mining). But if there's more to the adventures, I'd love to keep exploring them.

Also, has anyone noticed an increase in the amount of loot from time traveling when using a Masterful one? Like I said, having a masterful miner has made a significant difference in the amount of rare gems, so I'm wondering if the time machine has a similar effect as well.

One last question: I have neurotic sims, and anytime the floor hygienator goes off, any of the positive moodlets are replaced by fear of it, and don't appear at all, even with the brave trait. Is this normal? I was hoping for a mix of both the positive and negative moodlets, but if there standing on top of it, the fear will continue to be reset and no 'new car smell' or 'minty fresh' will be added on. Are there any other traits that make the hygienator not work as intended?  I recently changed my inventing sim's eccentric trait to neurotic, but he still rolls wishes to mine/time travel, so, it seems to only be the floor hygienator I can't use with him.

Has anyone else noticed negative reactions from neurotic sims regarding anything else? I've just noticed they roll significantly more wishes to clean, and the floor hygienator is the first time I've seen fear from them.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
Re: Underground Adventure Issue & Invention Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 03:44:49 PM »
Yes, you need to increase athletics and logic in order to bring back gems from adventures. Be careful with adventures with low skills, they can be dangerous for your sim.
About neurotic sims : http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Neurotic

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KCNDreams

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 03:54:15 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply! Have you noticed the floor hygienator not working with any other traits? I was just surprised that the positive scents weren't added. At least neurotic has enough bonus to not really need it.

Have you noticed if the skills need to be maxed to get the best results in the underground adventure? How does it compare to just mining, or time travel? So far, it doesn't seem like it's worth it. Maybe I'll just save a few miners for a future generation to explore the holes in.

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 04:49:29 PM »
I haven't tested the floor hygienator with enough traits to be sure.
The higher the skills, the more precious collectibles you'll bring back. It's worth maxing them, and same with time travel, where you need the same skills. You might even get a pink diamond, who knows, or tiberium, so it's really worth working on the two skills IMO.

Offline KCNDreams

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 05:36:53 PM »
Oh, I didn't know it was good for time travel, too! I'll leave them for the next generation, then.  I actually have no problem getting tiberium or pink diamonds from the miner without the adventures. I was surprised at how big of a difference the master level made. It's near impossible to keep my sims poor with collecting that way.

Have you had any glitches with the adventure holes? I chalked the immediate returning to a problem on vacation, but can't figure out why I'm getting notices of finding something without actually receiving anything.

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 05:41:45 PM »
I never had a problem with them.