Author Topic: Sims 3 won't save after placing grave stones  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Bonita

• Nooboo
Sims 3 won't save after placing grave stones
« on: November 12, 2016, 08:07:03 AM »
Hey guys!

I can't  find a solution to this issue anywhere, so I'm hoping someone can help me.

I bought the  graveyard on Moonlight Falls and needed to upgrade to start earning simoleons. I removed everything from the lot to build from scratch, but the tomb stones that belonged to townies couldn't be moved (I got that message that says I can't move an object in use). So I turned the move objects cheat on and just placed them in my sim's family inventory to place them later.

After building, I tried to save but it just wouldn't save. It just stays on the saving screen forever until I force kill the program with task manager.

Long story short - I eventually realized that it happens only when I place the grave stones. At first I thought it might be the townies' grave stones that caused the game to freeze, but I placed only five regular grave stones now and it still freezes. I can, however, save before I place any grave stones.

Did I break it somehow by moving the townies' grave stones? I can't have a cemetery without grave stones (or I could just kill them all to fill up the grave yard, haha). But seriously guys - how can I fix this?

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
Re: Sims 3 won't save after placing grave stones
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 09:18:46 AM »
Grave stones are tied to dead sims. If you move them with moveobjects on, or if you delete them, you're corrupting the sim's files. And if the number of sims in your household plus the number of gravestones is greater than eight, you can't save.
You need to revert to an old save from before you started moving grave stones.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything