Author Topic: Propose Bug in sims 4  (Read 4392 times)

Offline SophiaKim1

• Nooboo
Propose Bug in sims 4
« on: November 19, 2016, 07:05:07 PM »
Okay so This has been happening lately and I don't know why, but when I have a couple and I try and have one propose to the other they just reset and the action does not happen. Is it because of cc? My sims also restart when I ask sims on dates it does the same thing my sims just reset. The only way I can ask sims on dates is through the phone. Please help, thanks!

Also the same thing happens when I try to try for a baby

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Propose Bug in sims 4
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 07:53:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum @SophiaKim1  I've literally just had my two sims propose and everything was fine! I don't use mods but I have a few pieces of CC which I have just had to update due a recent patch breaking them.

It's really important to remove all cc and mod when trying to figure out why things are not working as intended in your game.

So, take out all your cc and mods and delete the localthumbcache.package file from your TheSims 4 folder and load up your game again and try to propose and see if it can now happen. Remember to quit your game without saving or otherwise you will need to redress your sims in all the CC again.

If everything works as intended then you will need to start sorting through your mods and CC to see which ones are causing the issues.

Some useful posts with tips etc Fixing Problems with Mods and CC  Testing Mods
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SophiaKim1

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 11:14:55 PM »
@Playalot I tried it its the cc

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 11:36:16 PM »
Yea I can confirm that with the custom content I have and all the current MC Command center mods installed the interactions you are describing work fine for me. I know CC sometimes can create some REALLY weird bugs. I believe someone in here posted once about a CC Hairstyle was breaking something about interactions in her game which sounds totally bizarre to me but apparently does happen.

CC for this game is wonderful but it also seems as susceptible to causing problems after patches as Mods are. At least with mods I KNOW there is probably going to be an update after a patch unless the author has already researched it and knows the update dident change anything about how their mods work.

Good Luck!!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 02:41:11 AM »
Glad you could find what was causing it.  :) @SophiaKim1
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.