Author Topic: Sims and campfire furniture getting on fire more frequently --- all of a sudden  (Read 11634 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
I took a group of Sims camping a few days ago.  I was play testing to see if or when a Sim's ability to sing campfire songs was present.  Those Sims had some issues with the campfire.  They weren't fireproof, but 4 Sims put the fire out.  However, one guitar and one stone chair got charred.

Then, my main Sims went camping, and they've all completed the Freelance Botanist aspiration.  However, one of them was briefly on fire, but it went out.  I had her husband extinguish the fire on her and the campfire.  She didn't get the experienced a fire moodlet.

That lot only has the good acoustics trait.

However, my main Sims guitar and stone chair got charred, as well --- even though my main Sims are fireproof.

I'm not sure if this is another issue, but I can't place my Sims' guitars back into  their inventories, and they don't seem to do it.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
As far as I know it is normal for sims belongings to get charred even though they have the bonus trait that makes them fireproof. This trait means that they are far more likely to put out a fire autonomously and that they will put it out quicker than other sims.

Camp fires have always set things on fire. Some of my 'best' fiery moments have been while throwing a wiener roast party with a roaring camp fire lol. Again it is normal for the chairs to get scorched even though the Naturalist reward trait kicks in to protect the sims, it doesn't protect their belongings.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Thanks, Play.  I thought the rock chairs were safe from fire.  Oh well, the Sullivans can certainly afford to replace them, and I used bb.enablefreebuild, so I fixed it already.  A few of them used to always burn their hand or arm, but this was the first time that a Sim caught fire at a campfire in my games.

And the Sims in my play testing file were just there for me to check on campfire songs, so if Grim had shown up... :P

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
All chairs will catch on fire, even the log ones that came with Outdoor Retreat, I figured those would be less flammable so I used them during a Weenie Roast in my practice run for the Party Challenge. Once crispy Sim and a visit from the Grim Reaper later, and all chairs were banished from the campfire forever.  :D So yeah, that's normal.  :P

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Wow, Rainbow Dash --- that's quite a story :o!  So, campfires don't need chairs?  I never thought about it.  My stone chairs from OR got charred a while ago.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
I don't know whether it helps, but, I usually put the chair one move back from where it "auto-fit" to the camp fire. I don't get many fires that way.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
I don't know whether it helps, but, I usually put the chair one move back from where it "auto-fit" to the camp fire. I don't get many fires that way.
Mags, that is such a great idea.  I think that will be really helpful :).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Junan

• Townie

I was testing that with the food-cooler item for the last 3 days, and it seems to work well. :)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
I'm not sure whether it does actually work or whether it's fluke lol I did it mainly because I was looking at how close those chairs actually are and thinking, daymn that can't possibly be safe! I was a Girl Guide way back in the day and I remember the seats being a bit more back from the fire so little girls don't singe their hands lol
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
It sounds like a great idea, so I'll try it!  It makes sense to put the seating farther away from the fire.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Posted by: coolsim9999999
« on: January 22, 2017, 01:58:36 AM » Insert Quote
Wow, Rainbow Dash --- that's quite a story :o!  So, campfires don't need chairs?  I never thought about it.  My stone chairs from OR got charred a while ago.

No chairs are needed, Sims will just stand or kneel to roast their food. :)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
In that case, I think no chairs is the winner 8)!