Author Topic: Sims 4 Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Tips  (Read 7820 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Sims 4 Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Tips
« on: November 26, 2016, 02:08:52 PM »
This thread is for tips about the dynasty. Questions should be asked in the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty thread.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Tips
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 01:58:49 PM »
A couple of random tips:

Try to play with the sound on. You don't get notifications for Sims passing out or having bladder failures, but there is a little tune that plays. If you notice a Sim's thumbnail has turned orange, you can check to see why. And definitely check if it goes from orange to yellow for embarrassed.

Your controlled Sim can play chess with other Sims, and if you have City Living, they can play video games. Since playing video games is about the only thing your uncontrolled Sims will do on a regular basis, this is one way you can get an uncontrolled Sim to max a skill.

If one of your uncontrolled Sims is in the red for bladder or energy, and you don't think he'll be able to take care of a need in time, send your controlled Sim to a community lot. That will put your uncontrolled Sims in "take care of needs" mode.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 03:20:42 PM »
Wellness Level 2 allows your Sim to discuss focusing methods. Children are more likely to start homework autonomously if they are focused. As soon as they start the homework, have your controllable Sim help with homework to keep them on task. If possible, do this in a locked room so no other Sims can talk to the child and distract them.

In addition to what Marian said in regard to logic and the chess table, Whiz Kid is fairly easy to complete. The first Milestone can be initiated by the controlled Sim (Be read to by an adult for two hours and play three games of chess). Completing the finish homework two times while focused is accomplished by using the above method. You can build mental skill with chess or travel to a community lot and fish together. The child can make the 3 required emotional potions on a free day. If you add the Good Schools lot trait, they will get to an A grade faster.

Keep in mind that the Science career has no skill requirement. It's also the only active career that Sims can progress in without following them to work. Sims can get breakthroughs while reading, showering or bathing, viewing art, using the telescope, and fishing. Again, going to a community lot and fishing together can get the breakthroughs while also building mental skill in children.

If any of your uncontrolled Sims are active, be sure to keep workout equipment on your home lot. They will go and work out whenever they are energized and it's possible that they will max that skill. Sims will also do yoga autonomously, but that skill builds slowly, so they may not max it. It does help to keep them slim, though!

Keep a stereo on all the time. Dancing skill is only 5 levels! :) It's also a good way for Sim kids to autonomously gain motor skill if you don't have room on the lot for a jungle gym.

I got my heir to level 8 or 9 in several skills so that once she moved out, she only needed a point or two in order to max the skill.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 09:00:36 AM »
If anyone is concerned about keeping track of points, this is how I do it. (Paolo was one of my early test Sims.) I usually don't write quite so much down, but I didn't want people to have to figure out my abbreviations.

Point Total   Action                                                           Point Value
1                 Paolo has 1000 Satisfaction points                   1
2                 Paolo promoted to level 3 of job                      1
3                 Paolo reaches level 5 of Fitness                       1
4                 Paolo has 2000 Satisfaction points                   1
2                 Fire/Mitchell                                                   -2
3                 Paolo reaches level 6 of Fitness                       1
4                 Paolo has 3000 Satisfaction points                   1
5                 Paolo promoted to level 5                               1
6                 Mitchell promoted to level 2                            1
7                 Paolo reaches level 7 of Fitness                       1
8                 Paolo becomes Good friends w/Mariah             1
9                 Paolo has 4000 Satisfaction points                  1
10               Paolo has 5000 Satisfaction points                  1
Free day to end at 10:30 AM Wednesday
11               Gavin promoted to level 3 of job                    1
12               Mariah's grade goes up to B                          1
13               Zoe promoted to level 2 of job                      1

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 01:37:00 PM »
Babies and toddlers --

For babies, have your controlled Sim feed the baby before going off to work. Babies can go for hours with a wet diaper (I know from experience), and the social worker won't come.

For toddlers -- I really recommend either giving your controlled Sim one of the jobs where they can work at home or taking time off from work to look after the toddler. The reason is that toddlers get hungry while they sleep. If food's available, they can get it themselves, and you can leave something out for them, but that hunger meter can go down pretty fast while they're sleeping.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 09:27:36 AM »
Don't have your controlled Sim invite an uncontrolled Sim to play chess, video games or basketball close to the time that he or she has to go to work.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 11:18:13 AM »
If your uncontrolled Sims are getting a bit pudgier than you'd like, have your controlled Sim make some Taste of Diet ice cream. Sims seem to favor autonomously eating ice cream over other foods. Be careful, though, because they can get too thin eating it. I usually keep it in household inventory and pull it out as needed to control how often Sims can eat it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 06:13:29 PM »
If your uncontrolled Sims are getting a bit pudgier than you'd like, have your controlled Sim make some Taste of Diet ice cream. Sims seem to favor autonomously eating ice cream over other foods. Be careful, though, because they can get too thin eating it. I usually keep it in household inventory and pull it out as needed to control how often Sims can eat it.

What?! I didnt even know this existed. Do they gradually get thinner or is it mote of an insta slim thing? Also, is it made with the movie stuff ice cream maker?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 07:35:12 PM »
It's almost instant, generally taking 1-2 servings, depending on how overweight they are. It's the ice cream maker that came with Cool Kitchen Stuff.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 10:21:52 PM »
Tired of having your uncontrolled Sims sleeping in your double bed? On the first free day, add a second door to the bedroom. Lock for all but your controllable Sim on one door do the same for their spouse on the other.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 10:48:05 PM »
Tired of having your uncontrolled Sims sleeping in your double bed? On the first free day, add a second door to the bedroom. Lock for all but your controllable Sim on one door do the same for their spouse on the other.

Brilliant!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 07:08:11 PM »
Addendum to my previous tip. My son Dylan pointed out to me that you don't actually need two doors. Lock the door as usual, only allowing access to Sim A. Then, click on the door with Sim B, allow access to that Sim. Of course, you can only do this on a free day since you can't do an action with an uncontrollable Sim otherwise.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 09:47:07 PM »
So, I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not. I had my Sims completely avoid visiting Oasis Springs and no families moved in at all. When my third generation became a child, I sent the heir to Desert Bloom Park to fish and four new families moved in immediately. This seems like it is a viable way to stagger when families move in so that you have a better chance of a Sim of an appropriate age available as a spouse if you choose not to go the pollination route or just for repopulation purposes in the Immortal Dynasty, etc. I don't know if it would work if you avoid Willow Creek, but I imagine it might.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 03:20:19 PM »
So, I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not. I had my Sims completely avoid visiting Oasis Springs and no families moved in at all. When my third generation became a child, I sent the heir to Desert Bloom Park to fish and four new families moved in immediately. This seems like it is a viable way to stagger when families move in so that you have a better chance of a Sim of an appropriate age available as a spouse if you choose not to go the pollination route or just for repopulation purposes in the Immortal Dynasty, etc. I don't know if it would work if you avoid Willow Creek, but I imagine it might.

I've noticed that too! It's true for any world you avoid.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 10:52:11 AM »
Revisiting the Taste of Diet ice cream. You can't "call to meal," but if you put it in your Sim's inventory and travel to a community lot with the Sims that need to slim down, you can "grab a bowl together." Instant slimness for all! I wish it was that easy in real life.

This should also work on townies, which changes everything.