Author Topic: Butler acting as a Waiter --- Solved!  (Read 2431 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Butler acting as a Waiter --- Solved!
« on: December 08, 2016, 10:03:36 PM »
My Sims' butler showed up at the restaurant, which they opened a few real time hours ago.  Now, it's bedtime for Sims, so the restaurant closed.  It was open for 10 hours.  I tried firing the first waiter after they didn't come to work, but the second one didn't show up either.  The butler was standing around, sometimes near the dining spots.  However, none of the customers meals were served.  Is there a problem with butlers appearing at your Sims' restaurant and therefore, canceling out the need for a waiter.  It was interesting that the first chef and host whom my Sims hired came right to work and did their respective jobs for the entire 10 hours.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Butler acting as a Waiter
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 10:53:40 PM »
My butler came to my restaurant today, too. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or if butlers are meant to follow you to your businesses. Mine did not act as a waiter, just stood around doing butler-y things. My waiter showed up as expected, too, so no problems there.
I'd try opening your restaurant again and see if the waiter shows up. I've had waiters skip a day of work but come back the next day.
Hope you figure it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 12:15:27 AM »
@FrancescaFiori --- Thanks.  I will re-open their restaurant to see what happens.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 01:11:45 AM »
@FrancescaFiori --- Thanks.  I will re-open their restaurant to see what happens.
@FrancescaFiori --- The same thing happened again.  The waiter didn't come to work, but the butler was there.  However, the host and the chef were working.  I will try again tomorrow after I close the game in a minute and open it tomorrow.  Thanks, again.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Butler acting as a Waiter --- Solved!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 01:29:52 AM »
My waitress came to work when my Sims arrived at their restaurant tonight and my butler wasn't there.

Offline Aliena

• Nooboo
Re: Butler acting as a Waiter --- Solved!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 10:59:44 AM »
My waitress came to work when my Sims arrived at their restaurant tonight and my butler wasn't there.

Great! so we know closing the restaurant and rebooting the pc works to solve this.