Author Topic: Customers' Meals are Disappearing ---- Solved!  (Read 4200 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Customers' Meals are Disappearing ---- Solved!
« on: December 12, 2016, 02:44:46 AM »
The restaurant critic's meal even disappeared --- as the waitress brought his food to the table.  It occurred two additional time tonight, as well.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Customers' Meals are Disappearing
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 05:03:53 AM »
Has it actually disappeared or did the waiter just drop it? Waiters with low athletic skill will drop meals as they go to place them on the table. Usually there is a sort of fumbling animation and then a pile of trash appears on the floor, which is the customers meal.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 01:23:58 PM »
Has it actually disappeared or did the waiter just drop it? Waiters with low athletic skill will drop meals as they go to place them on the table. Usually there is a sort of fumbling animation and then a pile of trash appears on the floor, which is the customers meal.
@Playalot --- It disappeared --- as it was being placed on the table.  It was different from the one time they dropped the food a few months ago.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 04:13:38 PM »
Oh! That's a new one for me. I've had waiters just not deliver anything, and to a critic worse luck. I'd save your game and quit out then delete the localthumbcache.package file from your the sims 4 folder and also check that all the items in your 'cache' folder have been deleted (this is just thumbnails etc from using the Gallery and are not needed so completely safe to delete and in fact should be deleted regularly if you use the Gallery a lot).

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 05:17:05 PM »
Oh! That's a new one for me. I've had waiters just not deliver anything, and to a critic worse luck. I'd save your game and quit out then delete the localthumbcache.package file from your the sims 4 folder and also check that all the items in your 'cache' folder have been deleted (this is just thumbnails etc from using the Gallery and are not needed so completely safe to delete and in fact should be deleted regularly if you use the Gallery a lot).

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Customers' Meals are Disappearing --- Solved!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 08:14:56 PM »
@Playalot --- When I went in-game today, I opened a restaurant, and all of the customers received their food, which did not disappear.  Thanks :)!  I guess the work-around, this time, was simply going in-game today, since the problem occurred last night before I saved and exited the game.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Customers' Meals are Disappearing ---- Solved!
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 06:54:09 AM »
Often a lot of those smaller glitches can be solved by saving and quitting or even traveling away from the lot and back again. Keeping your sims personal inventory as empty as possible helps a lot to.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Customers' Meals are Disappearing ---- Solved!
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 02:48:13 PM »
Often a lot of those smaller glitches can be solved by saving and quitting or even traveling away from the lot and back again. Keeping your sims personal inventory as empty as possible helps a lot to.  :)
Play ---  Thanks. I will keep that in mind for small issues.  I do have trouble keeping my main family's inventories empty.  However, I do clean them up from time-to-time 8).

anything