Author Topic: Gardening plants randomly being moved into household inventory......  (Read 5513 times)

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
I'm sorry I don't have more details on this but it seems to be random when it happens.

This is happening to me on the Slipshod Mesquite lot. I have upgraded the base home on that lot by lengthening the house to the back of the lot and adding a 1st basement level that is pretty much the size of the lot footprint.

This SEEMS to happen to me when I am making improvements in the basement as I believe this has happened to me 3 times now on this lot. I will be improving something in the basement and then suddenly I will notice a mess of new items in my household inventory, and it always seems to be almost all the planters and their plants growing along one fence on my lot. I'm sorry I don't have screenshots of this yet because it seems to be happening so infrequently and randomly.

Had anyone else had something like this happen to them on a lot? Is there a max item/poly count per lot I don't know about, and if so is there any game command or mod that someone knows of to show it?

I am attaching a screenshot of what the area of the yard looks like right now that suffers the losses, and what the basement looks like below that area. This time it happened when I was adding holiday items to that area of the basement but not the exact location above it where the plants and planters above it vanish from I don't think. I will try to recrate this happening and see if I can figure out the exact moment/action this happens.

Thank you.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Gardening plants randomly being moved into household inventory......
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 05:07:43 PM »
The only thing I can think of is that there is a situation that when bb.moveobjects is used to place items they will end up in the inventory when further building occurs. This normally happens when items have been cheated onto walls or shelves. So I'm wondering if the space prints might be causing this to happen to you.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 07:31:37 PM »
Your Sims could purchase a telescope or microscope to get prints --- without cheating or using bb.moveobjects.  You also should find a different wall on which to hang the prints. 

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 03:51:39 AM »
@Playalot @coolsim9999999 Ok great thanks for the info. It always seems to be those 5 planters on the right with small plants in them, never the trees on the left. But yea I think the prints themselves get moved into household inventory also come to think of it. I got those prints legit but I DID use bb.moveobjects to put them on the fence at that spot. I was using them to keep my sims at Very Focused while gardening to level it faster but since they are both lvl 10 now and I have other things for focusing that can last longer I suppose I really don't need them on that fence anymore.

I had heard bb.moveobjects can cause wonky things to happen in the game but i'd never run into it until now. Is there anything else/other objects that are known to regularly cause issues if you use bb.moveobjects on them also?

Thanks you guys. :D :D

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 04:11:26 AM »
Well I just tried it and tried decorating that basement again and apparently it wasent those prints. And i'm almost sure I dident use anything else in bb.moveobjects mode in that area except for those prints. This is what my basement looks like right below there now and this is what my garden plots area looks like now above it.  :o :'( :'(

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 04:19:02 AM »
You're welcome.  I don't know if other objects, etc. cause problems with bb.moveobjects. 

However, if you want your Sims to become more focused, you could change one of their traits to genius.  Just use cas.fulleditmode to change their traits, etc.

My main Sims are all geniuses, and they remain focused much of the time --- or they have a very easy time becoming focused.  The genius trait does allow for all the other emotions.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 06:10:18 PM »
It isn't so much any particular objects that cause issues when using MOO rather that using the cheat for anything can cause issues. This can also happen when changing wallpaper/paint but especially so when MOO has been used.

If your plants or planters are too close to a wall or a boundary they can also get moved into the inventory while building, same if they are under a roof for example at the side of a house where the roof hangs over the edge.

It might be a case of making all the improvements to the basement in one building session and then replacing everything in the garden etc and just leaving it. I'm not sure how to pinpoint exactly what is causing your plants to keep shifting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 04:33:45 AM »
Ok I will try that @Playalot . I'm just going to move all the plants along that fence into household inventory till i'm done making the holiday room improvements to the basement and then just re place everything. It's better than what was happening because I think when this happens on it's own i'll also simply totally loose some plants and/or planters too.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 02:14:26 PM »
In addition to what Playalot said, maybe you could build a second basement in which to put your indoor stuff.  Don't put anything in the first level basement.  I couldn't use most of my first basement in my first build, so maybe the extra distance away from the ground/backyard would also help the problem.

Offline adrianna

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 11:58:28 AM »
I've been having the same exact issue. My basement doesn't go under where I have my plants, so I don't think that's my issue.

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 07:30:56 PM »
@Playalot well so far moving the planters dident help...I moved everything at least 10 grid spaces away from that fence and putting some other things in inventory like the rocket ship. Dident help. The second I started putting paneling on that wall in the basement along the fence line it moved all the same plants into my household inventory. Now I am going to try simply putting everything I think got auto moved into my household into the household inventory to begin with and see if it leaves everything else alone. If not I think I may try moving that entire basement wall back away from the fenceline by one space to see if that does anything. Although from what @adrianna said that makes me think that may be less likely than I thought it would work. But who knows.

I'll get this ** Christmas room built even if I have to burn my house down to do it....LOL

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 07:56:48 PM »
 :-\ What an annoying glitch. Might be the only option, do all the renovations at once and once it is complete then replace the plants. I can't find anything similar on the bug reports so I guess it is an 'new' bug/glitch that hasn't been reported yet.

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2016, 11:49:38 PM »
@Playalot Yea i'm debating weather to report it as I havent played enough different sim families on different lots to know if it's happening on all lots or just this one lot or whatever. Right now I think i'm just going to leave those plants in my household inventory until I move to a bigger house as I need to hold some parties to get thru the Master Chef aspiration anyways and I can use the extra room to make sure it's a good party. I'll have to keep track and see if the reverse happens when I start placing things near that fence to see if it makes things in my Christmas room start popping into my household inventory I suppose. LOL

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 01:37:04 AM »
*nods* Hmm, the only way to be sure is to try to reproduce it in a new game file etc with no mods and/or cc etc but you know that anyway. I'm currently unable to reproduce it but that isn't to say it is not a bug, sometimes with TS4 you either have that particular bug or you don't. I'll keep playing around with plants and basements in different files to see what happens.

Offline adrianna

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2016, 09:35:28 AM »
@Playalot That might work, but I just restarted my game and as soon as I logged in I noticed my some of my plants where in my household inventory again. I'm beginning to think it has less to do with the placement of items and more to do with some glitch. I'm considering uninstalling all my mods and seeing if that works. I know mods can produce weird glitches. I'll let you guys know if that works.