Author Topic: 2017 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament Overview  (Read 15363 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: 2017 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament Overview
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2017, 04:41:07 PM »
When does practice file time for the Finale begin 8)?  I'll bet it's October 9.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2017, 04:44:51 PM »

That should be right. It's usually 2 weeks before the end of the longer challenge. I'm very curious to see what it is. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2017, 05:27:38 PM »
Thank you very much reggikko!  I'm excited to see what the finale will be this year, as well :).

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2017, 06:57:42 AM »

Hehe...correct. The team is basically done with looking over the rule set, and I will be posting it tomorrow so everyone can get in some practice time.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2017, 08:03:05 AM »
Cool.  Thanks so much for letting us know Metro!  I can't wait to start practicing 8).

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2017, 10:20:45 AM »
Next year I definitely foresee a challenge called It's Raining Cats and Dogs. :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2017, 10:26:51 AM »
Next year I definitely foresee a challenge called It's Raining Cats and Dogs. :)

You need to get out of my head. *bamgs head* I was just pondering last night this would work.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2017, 06:55:32 PM »
I am going to toss out a simple request for some help. The team's first idea for the 2018 season is a vampire event. At first, the idea was a speed challenge to complete all 3 vampire aspirations, but then we thought given the Finale was solely based on aspirations it was too soon for that type of event. So, the idea is to require all players have their vampires (1 Sim only) get each power and flaw. That means they'll have to reach the Grand Master level and accumulate enough points to buy the powers, plus they'll have to gather ingredients for the Draft of Reconfiguration.

What we need to know is how long (give or take a few days) in Sim time this will take because if it's 3 or 4 Sim weeks, then it may be too long and players will get bored.

Thanks for any help.

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2017, 05:04:33 AM »
I am going to toss out a simple request for some help. The team's first idea for the 2018 season is a vampire event. At first, the idea was a speed challenge to complete all 3 vampire aspirations, but then we thought given the Finale was solely based on aspirations it was too soon for that type of event. So, the idea is to require all players have their vampires (1 Sim only) get each power and flaw. That means they'll have to reach the Grand Master level and accumulate enough points to buy the powers, plus they'll have to gather ingredients for the Draft of Reconfiguration.

What we need to know is how long (give or take a few days) in Sim time this will take because if it's 3 or 4 Sim weeks, then it may be too long and players will get bored.

Thanks for any help.

you mean to have all powers at once or have had each of them at least once? because if it's the latter then it will be a bit shorter. I am only asking to know how to test it  ;D

cheers,
WP

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2017, 05:31:17 AM »
you mean to have all powers at once or have had each of them at least once? because if it's the latter then it will be a bit shorter. I am only asking to know how to test it  ;D

cheers,
WP

The team modified this a bit over the last couple days, so I think we're all good. But, thank you for the offer to test. I am posting the ruleset Monday for everyone to do their own practice runs.