Author Topic: New Year's Resolution: Party with the Rich and Famous  (Read 20368 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
New Year's Resolution: Party with the Rich and Famous
« on: December 19, 2016, 06:44:00 AM »
New Year's Resolution: Party with the Rich and Famous

Goal
You managed to keep all your last year's resolutions, making you healthy, wealthy, and wise. But maybe a little bored. So why don't you boost your spirits by moving into the penthouse or mansion of your dreams and throw a few parties?

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create one Young Adult.
  • Use the familyfunds cheat to give your Sim $1,000,000 at the outset.
  • No adding to the household.
  • Must host at least 1 dinner party, 1 house party, and 1 birthday party. (Your Sim will be the designated birthday Sim when you set up the birthday party, but you can age up any of the guests.)
  • Dates are not parties. Parties are set up using the Social Event tab.
  • The butler, caterer, mixologist, and entertainer NPCs are banned.
  • Parties cannot be ended early.
  • This challenge ends when your Sim turns Adult. IMPORTANT: Remember to play your file on Short life span.
Scoring
Scoring is based on how many gold, silver, and bronze parties you host. And remember: you must host at least 1 dinner party, 1 house party, and 1 birthday party before your Sim turns Adult.

Gold Party - 5 points
Silver Party - 3 points
Bronze Party - 1 point     

Total — Just add up all points you receive based on your total gold, silver, and bronze parties.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, Nutella, LenaLJ, Trip, and MarianT) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                                 Total
Caterina                               203
thekatie0409                               201
Rainbow Dash                               200
LenaLJ                               200
lesleyj42                               198
Minnie Mouse                               196
callycat                               195
Syrcen                               187
GlazeyLady                               180
Brisayshi                               175
HelenP                               170
accentpreferred                               161
Isabelalabe                               156
ratchie                               156
cyclonenic                               155
SIMantics101                               142
Metropolis Man                               136
MarianT                               130
Eighty8Keys                               119
oshizu                               111
Noyo                               107
Sophronisba                               106
lauraboots                               103
Ginj                               99
MysteryGem                               88
MomOfMany                               82
CynKuy                               69
kirkbysims                               67
math_chick                               66
sdhoey                               61
cassims                               59
Annabec                               55
vancanuckfan86                               54
FrancescaFiori                               43
Tsieber1                               29
wonderoona                               20
coolsim9999999                               1

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: New Year's Resolution: Party with the Rich and Famous
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 12:33:31 PM »
With regard to the required birthday party, your Sim will have to be the designated birthday Sim, but you can use the cake to age up any of the guests.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 01:06:11 PM »
These first two challenges look like they are going to be fun to play. Looking forward to it! By the way, the link for general challenge rules goes to 2016 rules in both this challenge and the Patient and Perpetrator challenge. I'm sure they are not identical because I know lifespan has been changed to short instead of normal. Any other changes? Or updated link?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 01:35:40 PM »
These first two challenges look like they are going to be fun to play. Looking forward to it! By the way, the link for general challenge rules goes to 2016 rules in both this challenge and the Patient and Perpetrator challenge. I'm sure they are not identical because I know lifespan has been changed to short instead of normal. Any other changes? Or updated link?

Oh, thank you for that - I spaced out this morning and forgot that.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: New Year's Resolution: Party with the Rich and Famous --- Solved!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 01:43:17 AM »
At which point when we create a Sim in CAS from scratch do we set options to short lifespan, etc.?  In my practice file, I had my Sim move into a lot, but then, I couldn't set the options under gameplay because it is always greyed out.  I forgot from last time :-[.  Thanks a lot :)!

Edit: I just realized that I forgot to check age up played Sim and age up unplayed Sims.  Then, I could set their lifespan to short.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 09:32:38 AM »
At which point when we create a Sim in CAS from scratch do we set options to short lifespan, etc.?  In my practice file, I had my Sim move into a lot, but then, I couldn't set the options under gameplay because it is always greyed out.  I forgot from last time :-[.  Thanks a lot :)!

Edit: I just realized that I forgot to check age up played Sim and age up unplayed Sims.  Then, I could set their lifespan to short.

Yeah, right when you see your Sim pop up in CAS, set your options then. That way you do not forget. So many players have been doing these challenges for years and it has always been under Normal lifespan, so I hope there are not too many goof ups.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 01:04:51 PM »
Thanks, Metro.  I'm going to practice before the challenge, so, I will definitely remember to set it to short life span.  Setting it when I make my YA in CAS is a great idea :).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 01:15:52 PM »
Thanks, Metro.  I'm going to practice before the challenge, so, I will definitely remember to set it to short life span.  Setting it when I make my YA in CAS is a great idea :).

Everyone pretty much has to set it in CAS because if you realize a few days into the challenge you're on Normal, then it's too late and you've given yourself more time than everyone else. You can always message the team and tell us you made an honest mistake, but I make no promises on our answer. ;)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 02:54:02 PM »
Metro --- I'll be very careful about short life span :).

Edit: My practice CAS YA Sim was only 2 Sim minutes old when I changed her lifespan to short.  However, I will change lifespan to short when I make my play file Sim in CAS.

Offline cassims

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 11:30:24 PM »
This might sound like a silly question, but, do we register to be in the comp? Is there like a sign on sheet kinda thing and to submit our scores do we just tell you how many bronze, silver or gold parties or take screenshots so you know we are being honest? This is the first challenge season I have had time to participate in and have only just starting simming again after a year break :-[
It always seems impossible until its done.
-Nelson Mandela

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 04:11:24 AM »
This might sound like a silly question, but, do we register to be in the comp? Is there like a sign on sheet kinda thing and to submit our scores do we just tell you how many bronze, silver or gold parties or take screenshots so you know we are being honest? This is the first challenge season I have had time to participate in and have only just starting simming again after a year break :-[

When you are done playing a challenge you simply tell us the number of scoring components we need in order to add your score to the board. In this case the medals. And here its all about beign honest :)
When the challenge is over people can share their strategies.

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 09:06:11 PM »

I whipped up a scoresheet in Excel for this event; if it's okay with the mods I'd be more than happy to share it!  (I'm going to be starting a scoresheet for the other event as soon as I finish typing this post, and I'll be willing to share that one as well pending mod approval.)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 05:34:30 AM »
I whipped up a scoresheet in Excel for this event; if it's okay with the mods I'd be more than happy to share it!  (I'm going to be starting a scoresheet for the other event as soon as I finish typing this post, and I'll be willing to share that one as well pending mod approval.)

Sure, that would be fine.

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 12:29:36 PM »
All right then; here it is!  Just replace the 0s in the Count column with the number of Gold, Silver, and Bronze parties that you actually have, and the scoresheet will take care of the rest.

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 12:10:12 PM »
happy january 2! i hate parties

gold: 3 * 5 = 15
silver: 12 * 3 = 36
bronze: 4 * 1 = 4
total: 55