Author Topic: Working from Home  (Read 40215 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Working from Home
« on: December 31, 2016, 08:36:05 AM »
While playing the Art Critic career, I had my Sim work from home one day (I can't remember what level he was). For that day, he had to recommend a hangout to 3 different people and also write a book. I was curious to see what other work-from-home tasks might be so turned to the guide and found that they hadn't been covered. The work-from-home tasks are different from the daily tasks, which tend to be rather dull -- write a column or review a performance. I wonder if you try the careers with just the work-from-home tasks whether they might be more interesting.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
Re: Critic Career Tasks
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 09:28:20 AM »
My two art critics are both at level 10, but when they work from home, they paint on an easel, paint murals, go to the art center and view art or paint on an easel or paint murals at the art center.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 09:01:11 PM »
I did make sure to mention work from home, but there seems to be a decent list of possiblities. I should probably put the common ones for each of them on the guide. It does indeed add a bit of much-needed variety, though it's not exactly work from home eh? But yeah it's better than having them sit at a computer for 8 hours :P

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 08:06:14 AM »
My art critic is only at level 6, but these are the tasks she's been given: level writing, write 2 hours, write a book, try 3 different bubble flavors, spray graffiti for 2 hours, paint mural for 2 hours, watch 2 hours comedy, action or romance, study 5 paintings at the gallery, recommend hangout to 3 people.

I think there's probably a pool of different tasks that can come up at each level. There seem to be 2 each time. Now I'm curious to see what the politicians and social media people have to do.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Working from Home
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 08:29:08 AM »
I changed the title of the thread to Working from Home.

I've been playing a politician in the Politics career. The work from home tasks for this have so far been incredibly quick and easy: write a letter, joke about politicians, give a speech in Uptown, get to know 3 Sims in Spice Market, make an empty promise, discuss interests, stage a protest, secure vote.

Securing a vote is very easy, especially if your Sim has the Incredibly Friendly trait and good charisma (which you need to advance in the career). Use Cheerful Introduction, Brighten Day or Compliment Outfit, Promote Cause, and then Secure Vote.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 03:52:11 AM »
FYI I've easily maxed all the new CL careers by only having my sims work from home. He didn't go off to work once. It's a nice option for players with toddlers.  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 06:21:59 PM »
@MarianT thanks for giving more details, I just wanted to acknowlege I appreciate it. Kind of distracted with the launch and just put out a 5 pager on Vampires. I think that I will at least try to mention in more detail what people can expect from them, I may even find lists of tasks in the game code if I dig enough, so I can see what % chance they have to fire and list the more common ones :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything