Author Topic: Toddler Guide  (Read 5262 times)

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
Toddler Guide
« on: January 15, 2017, 07:38:08 AM »
I found a couple things missing from the Toddler guide.  Both in regards to aging up to child.

First, the child can gain instant skill points in child skills depending on how high their relevant toddler skill.

Imagination=Creativity
Movement=Motor
Thinking=Mental
Communication=Social

My testing so far shows that skill level 3 in a toddler skill will award 1 skill level in the relevant child skill upon aging up.  Toddler skill level 4 or 5 will award 2 skill points in the relevant child skill.  I haven't aged up a toddler yet with only 1 or 2 skill points in one of the toddler skill.  My best guess is that skill level 2 in toddler would also award skill level 1 in the child skill.  But that's just a guess.

Second, the child can gain one of two traits based on their overall performance gains as a toddler.

Happy Toddler (From having all Level 3 Toddler Skills) <Toddler Name> got a good jump on skills as a toddler.  This helps them gain all skills a bit faster.

Top-Notch Toddler (From having all Level 5 Toddler Skills when aging up to Child) <Toddler Name> got such a strong jump on skills as a toddler, they improve all other skills extra fast.  (Note: I used a cheat to raise all the skills to level 5 because I was curious.  This would be hard work on a normal life span.)

My first child got the Happy Toddler trait and combined with the club benefit to skill gains (I always use a family club for this) meant that she gained skill really fast.  She is on day four of her child age (normal life span) and has already maxed creativity and is on level 6 piano skill.  Pretty powerful stuff if you're into maximizing your sims' potential at young adult.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Toddler Guide
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 09:14:55 AM »
I was logging in to do that when I saw this post, they kind of dropped this one as a surprise to me too, so it's definitely behind. Thanks for sharing your testing results with us, it definitely saved me some time this morning. Woke up sick so it's very good timing.

Looks like 1 gives zilch, 2 gives you 1/2 a level (almost). I think it gives some flat xp based on the gains, since this looked to be 40% of the way toward 2. 3 actually gives 90% of the way to 2 which is notable I'll grab the other 2 levels and put a note in to give you credit for helping me. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 09:23:21 AM »
No problem.  I didn't notice about the gains toward the next skill level.  Good catch!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 09:48:40 AM »
Oooo! Top Notch Toddler also boosts Career gains by 25% in addition to skills! Just confirmed via testing, the boost for the first reward is 10% to skills only. Got it live on the site now and tossed you a credit, thanks again for the assist :)

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 10:12:29 AM »
Cheers!  And now I have to work hard for that 5 to all skills on my toddlers without cheating. :D

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 12:26:55 PM »
Just remembered one more thing that I didn't see in the guide.

Toddler Traits:

Angelic - Idyllic, easygoing Toddlers.  They are never defiant and they don't throw a tantrum.  They can easily talk to strangers.

Charmer - These Toddlers love to socialize.  They earn Communication skill faster, and don't suffer Stranger Danger from strangers.  They can Share the Love with other Sims.

Clingy - These shy Toddlers avoid Sims outside the household and get sad if left behind.  They gain extra skill when taught.  And they recover faster from bad moods when Comforted.

Fussy - Tiny trouble-makers who love to Cry, cause trouble, and Throw Fits.  But being noticed makes them Happy and helps them overcome negative Moodlets.

Independent - These Toddlers love their freedom, and don't like to take orders from caregivers.  They gain extra skill when they are left alone, and need less Attention than other Toddlers.

Inquisitive - Curious explorers.  These Toddlers gain Thinking skill slightly faster.  They are happiest when learning something, and sad if they haven't learned anything lately.

Silly - Goofy and curious.  These Toddlers love to tell jokes and get Playful.  They earn Imagination skill slightly faster.

Wild - Spirited and full of Energy.  These Toddlers love to explore and get Energized.  They earn Movement skill slightly faster.  They get Sad if they haven't been outside in a while.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 01:20:37 PM »
Thanks, I had pictures of them all from the interface to make icons and have the description without going back and forth in the game. But that again saves me somse time. I'm hoping to search the XML for any mechanics they have an impact on, though I suspect it's simple boosts like 25% to skill gains.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 01:39:38 PM »
No problem.  That text is straight from the toddler creation screen including all capital words and punctuation.

Offline røse

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 01:46:13 PM »
Hello! I've bookmarked this so this could help me in the future, but I have a question. As soon as I age my baby up into a toddler, it turns into a child in like, 5 seconds! I tried creating the toddler in CAS but it will automatically turn into a child as soon as I go into the game. Either it's a glitch or i'm completely stupid. Please help!

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 01:58:15 PM »
Are you using ANY CC or mods in your game?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 01:58:58 PM »
@røse Try this: Clearing Cache. I would do that at the very least, if not a full factory reset with a backup of save files. It sound like the game is doing what it thinks it should do pre-patch and to me that sounds like a cache problem. I'm pretty lucky when it comes to bugs, I'm afraid, so I could be completely wrong. If that doesn't work you may want to make a thread on the gameplay help board where more people will see it.

Offline Jewel

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 11:23:44 AM »
I noticed that, the lifespan information under Sims and Needs hasn't been updated to include Toddlers, also it says that baby stage lasts 3 days for all lifespan settings, but the babies guide says it is 1.5 days for short and 12? days for long.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 06:07:22 PM »
That's accurate on the babies page, I think I got pregnancy numbers in there since that stays about the same regardless of lifespan. The toddler stage is a bit less than child, I'll add it in the table now :)

E: there are some other things on this board, as well as more about toddlers to cover. If anyone has suggestions other than their traits, please chime in. We're mere days away from the vampires launch so it'll have to be afterward. Always have to put the newest stuff first.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 02:14:52 AM »
Maybe mention the bonus trait last the entire sims lifetime. I had assumed it would only apply as a skilling boost through the child stage but it continues.

There are various little moodlets that pop up too throughout a childs life if they maxed all the toddler skills. Not sure if they might be better in the emotions guides though.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything