Author Topic: TS4 genetics  (Read 4127 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
TS4 genetics
« on: January 19, 2017, 05:05:52 PM »
Is it just me or are TS4 genetics a little frustrating?

I feel there is a lack of consistency in inherited physical features. For instance, my TS4 kids always seem to inherit the very worst features from their parents, or they become even twice as pronounced.

TS3 kids are no problem for me - they're all cute. But TS4 kids turn out pure horrors that not even a mother could love. All of them, no exceptions. What's the secret to success?

Help.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: TS4 genetics
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 05:08:41 PM »
I've found that lately mine have all been really fabulously good looking as long as they are boys! The girls are living nightmares.  :o My secret is cas.fulleditmode on *cough*  It seems like all the girls age up with very short, fat faces that need thinning and pulling down on the jawline to make them look semi-normal. Mind you all my townie women look like this too, and I loath it!

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 05:12:51 PM »
I've found that lately mine have all been really fabulously good looking as long as they are boys! The girls are living nightmares.  :o My secret is cas.fulleditmode on *cough*  It seems like all the girls age up with very short, fat faces that need thinning and pulling down on the jawline to make them look semi-normal. Mind you all my townie women look like this too, and I loath it!

haha... my girls seem to have short faces, too.  Fat though, not at all.  Small jaws though.  *coughMarci*

So far my kids look very much like their parents.  Same eyes are being passed down. 
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline vancanuckfan86

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 06:23:48 PM »
My Sims usually all end up pretty decent looking and I really don't mind when they don't as it adds some fun to the game play (in my mind storylines anyways). I do miss the TS2 genetics though - they were so realistic. I miss having dominant and recessive hair and eye colours!

Offline sharpsiren

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 10:46:32 PM »
The thing that annoys me a little is that my couple - an Asian black haired male and a blond pale skinned female - keep producing children with this thick luxuriant blond hair and blue eyes, etc. In real life this just would not happen! I keep trying again to see if I can get a child that is (what I at least think) is a realistic-looking offspring. Since when is blond hair dominant over black hair? lol. Otherwise I can't complain though - at least their faces aren't short and fat. They actually all just look like their blond mother.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 09:26:54 PM »
Interesting. Thanks for your feedback, everyone <3
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted