Author Topic: Any way to disable phone text messages?  (Read 6470 times)

Offline RblDiver

• Nooboo
Any way to disable phone text messages?
« on: January 22, 2017, 04:38:32 PM »
Ehrmuhrgurd, I'm sick of getting texted nonstop "I can't get you out of my head!" "Let's get breakfast!" "You have good taste, go to the festival with me" ad nauseum. Turning off the phone ring doesn't help, since it still comes through or starts ringing when they're calling a non-active sim. And not only that, when they come through it sets the game speed back to 1.

Is there any way to turn off these messages? Heck, I'd take a trait "Cantankerous Sim" if it'd get rid of them :P

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Any way to disable phone text messages?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 05:14:12 PM »
Unfortunately there is no way to stop these txts and phone calls from occurring. There may be a mod out there that does do this but not in a vanilla game.

Once you have a few sims in your household they just become untenable. It drives me a little demented!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 05:24:24 PM »
Ehrmuhrgurd, I'm sick of getting texted nonstop "I can't get you out of my head!" "Let's get breakfast!" "You have good taste, go to the festival with me" ad nauseum. Turning off the phone ring doesn't help, since it still comes through or starts ringing when they're calling a non-active sim. And not only that, when they come through it sets the game speed back to 1.

Is there any way to turn off these messages? Heck, I'd take a trait "Cantankerous Sim" if it'd get rid of them :P

Unfortunately, Playalot is right; I haven't seen any way to stop them from coming. Although thanks for the new word :P

Offline vancanuckfan86

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 11:07:28 PM »
I agree that it is unfourtunate that we cannot turn off text messages. The sheer amount of text messages that my Sims receive is just insane!! Also, they always seem to come at the most ridiculous hours!

Offline GoFeesh

• Got any 3s?
  • Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 04:11:48 AM »
I've never gotten these messages, though I've seen them on gameplay videos. I assume this is something that was added with an expansion? I only have the base game.