Author Topic: Weakness  (Read 8761 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Weakness
« on: January 29, 2017, 02:45:25 PM »
What is your favorite weakness for you Vamp? What five weaknesses did you give your first grand master vamp? Any regrets?

The first weakness I give my vamp is Withered Stomach as it is very easy to manage and I am lazy. It is my favorite as it has role playing potential  yet minimal impact on the game outside of that. The weakness I gave my first grand master vamp in order of giving it to them are Withered Stomach, Sleep of the Undead, Sloppy Drinker, Guilty Drinker, and Uncontrollable Hissing. The worse is Uncontrollable Hissing as it slows socializing a great deal and constantly lowers relationships randomly. Sloppy Drinker is second as you must stop and drink more often as each fill up isn't as much of a fill up. I am a good vamp so Guilty Drinker never is an issue and  Sleep of the Undead really is a non weakness. I have no regrets weaknesses choices but I had to drink a Draught of Reconfiguration to fix my powers. I really consider Dampened Emotions a bigger weakness then any of the weaknesses I took. My one regret.

How about you? ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Weakness
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 06:50:47 PM »
Withered Stomach, Fitful sleep, then the 2nd rank of fitful sleep, Sleep of The dead and Eternal Sadness.

I chose these as they have basically no impact at all on my vamp as for my first time playing through I wanted to focus on being super powerful. Apart from the animation for Eternal Sadness being a little annoying none of the weaknesses really do anything to my vamp to alter the way I play him anyway.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 07:13:26 PM »
I find uncontrollable hissing to be hilarious. The negative hit to relationships is a bummer but it doesn't bother me enough to stop giving all my vamps the hissing weakness. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 09:26:59 PM »
I think favorite weaknesses depend on whether you play good or evil. It makes sense to pick the ones that retain your humanity the most if you play good. And vice versa. An evil vampire would probably not care about losing their humanity. It all depends on the role in my case. Other than that, I have no opinion :-[
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 10:01:11 PM »
My first Master Vamp took the weakness that she had to sleep in coffins, was a bit of a messy drinker and had a few ranks of day phobia.  Day phobic made her really tense, so I tried buying the carefree reward and poof, tenseness is gone.   So now she just needs to periodically snooze in her luxury coffin and remember to keep a few froggy plasma packs and some fruit on hand to keep her topped off during the day when her powers are weaker.  Life as a vampire for her is smooth sailing.

The second though... maxxed out thin skin.  They cannot step outside into the light without utterly *frying*.  I also took day phobic with no carefree so he is an utter train wreck during the day.  I have to keep a careful eye on him so he doesn't accidentally step out from under a covered area when I'm managing his packmate, who strolls around in the daylight with her sun resistance.  However. once the night comes down, watch out! 
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 07:52:17 PM »
Withered Stomach, Fitful sleep, Sleep of The dead, and day phobia 2 ranks.
The weird thing is that my sim also has Sun resistances 3 ranks. So he is not discomfortable with day light but most of the things he tries in day time are failed so easy and he gets fearful at making mistakes. :D He played a pub game with his girlfriend, it looked like Zenga. He lost one time from his girlfriend. At the 2nd round, he just grabs his right wrist with his left hand shivering his hands. Maybe that is the result from day phobia weakness. :D Hmm...a little bit regret with this. I'm going to choose a different one next time. He looked like a coward to his girlfriend.   
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 06:40:36 AM »
Withered Stomach, Sloppy Drinker, Thin-skinned level 1, Insatiable Thirst, Sleep of the Undead

Funny thing with my vampire is that he is the "evil" type, so-to-speak, but I make use of the abilities to teleport toddlers around the house for easy care so they have a fairly high relationship with him.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 06:57:00 PM »
I am going for "classic" vampires so

- Withered Stomach
- Thin Skinned I
- Sleep of the Undead
- Day Phobia 1
- Eternal Sadness

anything