Author Topic: Question about world and saves  (Read 1667 times)

Offline koryanders

• Nooboo
Question about world and saves
« on: January 30, 2017, 01:03:26 PM »
I have played the sims from the original to sims 3.  I just got the sims4 and I am noticing that all the worlds are connected.  In other words, in the sims 3 I could play a family in monte vista, or a single person in Bridge town and they were totally separate.  I would just play them depending on what I wanted to play.  Like my adventuring sim would be in Monte Vista and my Actor sim would be in Bridgetown and I can play them save them and when I go back no changes.   

I have made a few characters in the sims 4 in different towns, but I notice if I go to a different town to play a sim that say lives in the City.  Then I go play a sim in another area the time passes for my other sim that I saved.  I see that they have also mucked up there life when I come back which is very annoying.  Is there any work around for this?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: ? about world and saves
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 01:37:39 PM »
Welcome to the forum, koryanders!

If you don't want your other Sim to get older, you can turn off aging for unplayed Sims (in the gameplay options, in the Menu at far upper right).
If you don't want your other Sim to do anything without your control, you'll have to play that Sim in a separate game. You can save that Sim to your library and then start a new game.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline koryanders

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 06:27:44 PM »
Ok thanks for the info.  I will have to try that out and tool around with it.  Not sure how you start a new game or get to saves.  I have been just going into the world manage thinking that is the only way to access the sims I created and played.   :P

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 06:51:03 PM »
Ok thanks for the info.  I will have to try that out and tool around with it.  Not sure how you start a new game or get to saves.  I have been just going into the world manage thinking that is the only way to access the sims I created and played.   :P

Look at Carl's Guide. I think he has a whole section on useful info if you're just starting out. Here's a link to his Tutorials section: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 12:40:13 PM »
To begin with when I started to play TS4, I found it confusing, too, that the same world and previously played sims carried over when creating a new household. This is so different from TS3. I thought I was beginning a new game, not just household. Also, I looked for ages to find a way to disable expansion packs. But I got wiser ;D
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

anything