Author Topic: Dates Not Working  (Read 7199 times)

medjc

Dates Not Working
« on: February 03, 2017, 03:38:35 AM »
I've recently encountered a strange bug I don't believe I've ever had before. I have 2 married sims, both vampires. One was created as a vampire in CAS, the other was turned from a human by the first. Originally the marriage interaction was bugged out; I was unable to propose with the CAS created sim due to the "inappropriate" nature of their relationship. The game thought one of them was "in the employ" of the other for some reason. I was able to work around this by using the other sim to propose, and they were able to get married.

However, now that they're married, I'm attempting to complete the "Soulmate" aspiration on the CAS created vampire. I've gotten to the milestone where you must earn at least silver medals on 2 dates with your spouse. Easy enough, but every time I attempt to start a date event, it doesn't work. Social interactions don't count towards the total, romantic or otherwise. If I get the goal to sit and chat with my date, the game doesn't register even if they are sitting right next to each other. It also only registers one sim as flirty even if both are.

I've started dates with both sims, thinking that perhaps I could work around this the same way I worked around the marriage bug. It doesn't matter which sim I initiate the date with, it behaves the same way. I've repaired my game and cleared all my cache files, and I don't use any mods or custom content. I moved the entire Sims 4 folder (from Documents) to my desktop and restarted the game to allow it to recreate itself, and was able to have a successful date with two human sims. I replaced my options.ini, tray, screenshots, and saves folder with the old ones and retried a date with my two vampires to no avail. At this point, I'm not really sure what I can do as I'm playing a legacy and cheating the milestone would be against the rules and I'd really rather not do that unless absolutely necessary. :'(

I'm going to try to start a new save without replacing my Sims 4 folder to see if it might just be the save file that's bugged. If that's the case.... I'll probably be a little heartbroken lol. I've put a lot of time into these two! Any help or further suggestions would be appreciated, I'm trying everything I can!!

Edit: After a little more testing, I think I've figured out that it's not the save that's the issue, it's one of the sims. I saved the household and put them in a fresh save as a test to see if I would be able to have a successful date there and the event is behaving the same way. I also attempted to have dates with other sims with both vampires, and the CAS created one can go on successful dates while the while the one she turned cannot. The event is stuck like before. As morbid as it sounds, I don't have much of a problem with replacing her, I'm just unsure if that would be against the rules since her and my legacy founder have already gotten married. I'd still like to solve the issue if at all possible. :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Dates Not Working
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 07:28:49 PM »
Dating and vampires seem to be a bit glitched. There is an open bug report here (click) about it. It seems that dates at night with vampires might work as normal, perhaps a work-around you could try.

The bugs around proposals are also a known bug. Which you can read about in this post (click)

Personally I always feel that it is totally in the spirit of a legacy to use a cheat to complete something that is actually broken in the game and otherwise should be possible.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

medjc

Re: Dates Not Working
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 08:13:00 PM »
I tried your suggestion of starting the date at nighttime and it's functioning normally as far as I can tell. I guess that's fitting for creatures of the night? Lol. It's a little strange, but I think I can live with it. I've used the milestone cheat before when the same aspiration was acting up- wouldn't register my sims as soulmates even though both their friendship and romance bars were maxed out- I was just hoping that there would be a way to get around doing that. Thanks so much for your help! ;D

anything