Author Topic: Architectural Design  (Read 1538 times)

Offline LifeofaMillennial

• Nooboo
Architectural Design
« on: February 24, 2017, 11:06:06 AM »
So I've been to a few jobs now, and I've read you have to "learn what your customer likes" but besides learning they are virtuoso or that they like art, I'm not sure what else to look for. I've looked around the house and used the common style they have already to design the new room, and they always hate my design! Any tips to help? She's great at art and sculptures and has used the table to draft, still trying to figure that out also ☺ thank you!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline shackinthemountain

• Nooboo
Re: Architectural Design
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 12:22:02 PM »
Make sure that there is a bed for every sim in the house, including babies/toddlers. This is really important, so of course EA makes no indication of it in the career at all.

If they are frugal, don't spend all the budget and don't buy high end items. I always tried to see if a sim was frugal or not before starting.

If your sim likes to paint/sculpt, put some of her creations in the homes (unless the sim hates art). Sims seem to love having original art.

Otherwise you don't have to sweat it too much. Just fulfill the checklist and the sims don't seem to care what it actually looks like. I would often sell items and rebuy them to check things off, especially doors and windows, as those could be difficult to simply tack on without deleting anything.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LifeofaMillennial

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 03:37:24 PM »
Thank you for this! So much help as I'm currently trying to figure out how I'm so bad at decorating 😅

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 08:59:41 AM »
There are more traits that affect the career as indicated by the game's wiki:

- Both Hates the Outdoors and Evil traits will like the number of windows reduced.
- Can't Stand Art will not like more art and instead like less art.
- Snob will require you to spend practically the entire budget for a good review.
- Loves the Outdoors is the opposite of Hates the Outdoors; they like more windows in the house.
- Workaholics will give bonus review score for more desks in the house (unknown if chairs are required to go with them).
- Family-Oriented, Childish and Nuturing will likely enjoy more children's toys in the house.
- Animal Lover will likely want more pet necessities in the house (pet beds, horse stalls, food bowls etc.).

That's all I can think of from the top of my head. :)

Offline Cordy

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 04:09:53 PM »
Sims love it when you place photos or pictures or sculptures of them in the renovation. They thank you for the 'personal touch' 😀

anything