Author Topic: No services when living on a mystery island  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Reinardd

• Nooboo
No services when living on a mystery island
« on: March 01, 2017, 10:04:30 AM »
I moved my household from a house on the main island to a private lot on one of the mystery islands (No Trouble Atoll). I have since no longer received mail and newspapers. I was able to pay my bills when I got a warning that I only had one day left to pay, but that's not really ideal..
I have also  hired a household help but no one has showed up to clean. Fortunately no money was charged for the (not) cleaning :)

What happened? How do I fix this?

I also noticed that all the houseboats on the ports are now empty houseboat lots and that all the houseboats are lined up in the ocean just outside of the border of the world... This doesn't bother me (yet) since I don't use a houseboat but this also means I can't visit these households because their homes are out of reach.
I don't know if this is related to the first problem, just thought I'd mention it..

EDIT: I did see the mailman today, but I have no idea where he came from or where he went. Still no newspaper or house help. I forgot to mention that the "go home" function also doesn't seem to work. When i send my Sims home, the action appears and immediately disappears from the top left corner.. Maybe this has something to do with the other problems.

Offline Lal-Soukyan

• Nooboo
Re: No services when living on a mystery island
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 03:00:15 PM »
I was never able to get Sims 3 to run properly with Island Paradise, it would crash and get more buggy than normal every time. As far as I could tell, when living on the mystery island, services don't work at all. You can try to evict the household and then put them back again. I have found that this helps sometimes. Be aware though, you will lose any wishes you have, so if you are waiting to fulfill that big wish to get married, wait till you do that and then evict.

*Evicting is done from the edit world area

I hope this helps!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.