Author Topic: Vamp children can learn Vampire Lore!!!  (Read 2691 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Vamp children can learn Vampire Lore!!!
« on: March 16, 2017, 11:07:30 PM »
I do not know about regular mortal children, but vampire children can learn vampire lore from there birthday on. My child vamp is a vamp expert. Just thought I would share. I wonder if it is a bug? I hope not because child vamp experts rock!  Mine is level 15 as we speak and I thought it was cool.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Vamp children can learn Vampire Lore!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 11:46:31 AM »
It is official sim kids vamp or not can learn Vampire Lore with no other skills required. It appears that the children guid need updating. I just tested it on a modless game with a normal sim child and he was indeed able to learn Vampire Lore.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 08:52:37 PM »
There does appear to be a small glitch which can hide this; children have two "Browse Kid-Friendly Websites" options on a tablet, and one is actually the "Search for Information on Vampires" option instead.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 03:54:08 AM »
Yep children can also learn from an older sim using the interaction 'share vampire knowledge'.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 04:36:27 AM »
I started with the computer "search for information on vampires" just like an adult, then read the books. I was able to level to 15 without issue. Just thought I would share as I thought it odd and given the "children" guide is now slightly out of date.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 05:22:25 PM »
Thanks @scoed  all game play tips are always welcome! There is a lot to this game that often goes unnoticed.  :) Trouble is the quantity of changes that the patches and DLC bring. Just too much for Carl to always have up-to-date at any one time. I guess the children's guide is still up-to-date for the base game and just needs an added notation that the Lore Skill can also be learnt if you have the Vampires Game Pack. Did you know that you can also add ideas etc for the guide here in this board? It's full of really helpful tips and game knowledge too.

As a side note, the only problem is to skilling children up in the Lore skill is that it doesn't register in the relevant T/YA/A aspirations, unless my game is just being buggy. All my kids have had to reread all the books etc on aging up.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 05:57:48 PM »
I noticed that as well. But that take only a few sim hours to get credit, it wasn't near as bad as getting credit while leveling. I thought it was just me as my aspirations have been really buggy since the last up date and things I do sometimes doesn't register at time even as a T/YA/A/E. Heck I even had aspirations freeze and block all progress without using cheats no matter how many times you accomplish the aspirations or reset your sim, move them out and back in or anyway I know of to reset such things. It would not be Sims minus the endless bugs and quirks. I thought it was part of that mess.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 06:20:03 PM »
It might well have been. My game is very buggy at the moment too and I can't tell if it is just me or everyone! lol  ::)

anything