Author Topic: Vampires and tap water...  (Read 4516 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Vampires and tap water...
« on: April 12, 2017, 05:55:39 AM »
Hey guys,

Have you had the issue of vampires obsessively grabbing tap water to drink? At one point, I wrote a small tale about foodie Caleb having a serious drinking problem as he constantly had that negative moodlet coming from ingesting poorly made drinks :-\

I have resolved to try out a mod to counter this really annoying behavior. Hope it will work.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Re: Vampires and tap water...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 08:16:44 AM »
Lol, in my game, whenever Caleb and my Sim go out together (They are dating but not living together ... yet), he always makes a beeline for the nearest bar, so yes, he has a drinking problem.  ;D The negative moodlet is from his Foodie trait, which while normally a good trait, is pretty useless for vampires, so I plan on changing that. (The trait that is).

As for the water grabbing, yeah, Sims do that all the time and it's super annoying and it's why I don't allow sinks in my Sim's house, the nanocan and dishwasher take care of their dishes and the shower or bath for hygiene. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 08:38:03 AM »
I just got Vampires and I haven't taken time to truly play with them yet, do vampires react badly to drinks like tea or orange juice ? And can they catch diseases ?
I know from game files that dehydration is the main cause of sickness in sims, so maybe even if foodies get bad moodlets it can still be useful to let vampires have a drink other than plasma from time to time.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 10:58:29 AM »
No, Vampires don't react badly to drinks, not even those with the withered stomach weakness, they can eat normal food and drinks just fine but their fun and hunger go down while doing so. If they have aforementioned weakness then they can't eat Sim food, not even Plasma fruit salad, without vomiting.

Caleb doesn't get any of the positive foodie moodlets drinking plasma, just the normal vampire ones and I haven't seen him get foodie moodlets from Sim food either, which is why I don't like that trait on him. But maybe the food he ate just wasn't high quality enough, who knows, I didn't test it throughly enough, to be honest. He can still enjoy the cooking show and enthusing about food, so it's not a bad trait for him, just rather pointless.

Personally, I would only let Caleb drink the high quality bar drinks to avoid that bad drink moodlet from his foodie trait but that's just me. :)

Yes, Vampires can get sick.  :P

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 11:09:07 AM »
If you let sims only drink bar drinks, beware of weight gain... Bar drinks are pretty high calorie. Other drinks are 0 calorie.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 11:16:21 AM »
I know but that is easily fixed either by working out, doing yoga or a little touch up in CAS via cheats.  I never let my Sims gain too much weight so I know all the tricks and tips and workarounds to deal with weight gain. :)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 05:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Rainbow Dash
Personally, I would only let Caleb drink the high quality bar drinks to avoid that bad drink moodlet from his foodie trait but that's just me. :)

Caleb in my games drinks tap water obsessively thus wearing that bad moodlet constantly. That is the issue at hand. The mod didn't work, but maybe it's not updated to include vampires. I've stopped counting the times I have to cancel this action of his, and I even tend to say 'No, Caleb.' out loud. But to little avail, of course.

On a side note: I don't mind him being a foodie. Makes him a good chef and owning a restaurant suits his character well. He wants to be good to Sims, so it all fits, I think :)
(He can snack on the guests no problem with his aspiration completed)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.