Author Topic: Vampire Lore Skill Stuck  (Read 9130 times)

Offline larissima

• Nooboo
Vampire Lore Skill Stuck
« on: May 30, 2017, 11:26:50 AM »
Hi all,

I just got this pack a few days ago, and my first vampire Sim (turned, not CAS) is stuck on 61% of level 4 in Vampire Lore.  She keeps researching on the computer, and does vampy activities - keeps getting Power Points and Powers, but no skill improvement.  This means she's unable to order Volume 2 Vamp Enc, and more importantly, cannot progress in her aspiration to become a Master Vampire.

She has moved house and replaced her computer (different model) so it's not a location or item glitch.

Any ideas?

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Vampire Lore Skill Stuck
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 12:46:12 PM »
A couple of thoughts, have you reset the sim? Have you deleted the localthumbcache.package file? You could also browse this thread: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26287.0 and see if any of the other tips help.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline larissima

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 01:41:50 PM »
Thanks for this, resetting and deleting the cache didn't help, now I'm going to go through that thread.  She has progressed as a vampire, but her VL skill is still stuck at the same level (61% of level 4) :(

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 03:53:03 PM »
Vampire lore level and vampire skills are not related. There are two good ways raise vampire lore, use the skill by making garlic wreaths and such or reading the appropriate level tomes. Using vampire skills will not increase your Vampire lore skills and using/leveling vampire lore will not raise your vampire skills. Are you reading the appropriate tome for you level? That is the best way to level and you level real quick. Please note the skill has 15 levels not 5 or 10 like most. And research on the PC only raises the first few levels. You must read the tomes to level quickly. Research on the computer caps real early say levels 0-2?,  Encyclopedia Vampirica Volume I is good levels 1-6, Encyclopedia Vampirica Volume II is goo for levels 6-10, Encyclopedia Vampirica Volume III is good to levels 10-13, and Encyclopedia Vampirica Compendium work levels 13-15.

Here is a link to Carl's guide on Vampire lore: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/vampires/lore-skill.php

I hope this helps and I am not mis reading you problem. You would think doing vampire type things would raise the lore skill but it doesn't. Vampire lore is still very important to a vampire. As being able to rest you vampire skills and weaknesses is real cool. You get the ability to make a cocktail to do that at level 14, and the reverse sunlight cocktail (level 11) is much needed until you max out Sun Resistance. I have lost a vampire to sun burn and it sucked. And making and/or buying (levels 4 and 3) plasma packs are very needed if you don't always want to be hunting down other sims to snack on.

Note vampire lore is great for none vampire sims too. Sometime you don't feel like being food and garlic wreaths (level 5),  Vampire Resistance Cocktail (level 12), and    Cure for Vampirism (Level 15) will help keep those pesty blood suckers at bay.

I hope I helped.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 04:19:38 PM »
Has she fully read Vamp book 1? Sometimes sims stop short of completing the books and you have to tell them again.  I usually queue up 3-4 read actions in a row on the same book to ensure they finish it.  If a book (any book) has been finished it will say 'Reread ...' when you click on it instead of 'Read ...'

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 04:36:28 PM »
Has she fully read Vamp book 1? Sometimes sims stop short of completing the books and you have to tell them again.  I usually queue up 3-4 read actions in a row on the same book to ensure they finish it.  If a book (any book) has been finished it will say 'Reread ...' when you click on it instead of 'Read ...'
To make it worse with the Vampire tomes you will finish it a level before the next and will have to reread it for the last level. Annoying to say the least.

Offline larissima

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 01:01:56 PM »
That was it, thanks!
At some point, she was told she "cannot learn any more from the tome, has to research on the computer", which I understood as having finished the book.  However, when I (bought the book again, whatever happened to it?) clicked on it, it said "Read...".  She did, and has progressed in Vampire Lore, bought the next volume, and is on her way to achieve her aspiration.
Thanks a lot everyone for your help - I learnt other useful things here too! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.