Author Topic: Game Save Flaw Alert  (Read 3812 times)

supdarling

Game Save Flaw Alert
« on: December 12, 2010, 01:30:32 PM »
Yeah ... so there's a problem with the game save on the Xbox. It just completely freezes during mid-save; no flying sims, no stuck sims, nothing, it just shows a frozen save screen. I'm not sure how long it's been since the problem has been introduced as a problem, but it was all news to me when I lost 3 days of game-play. I also don't know if it has been happening to PS3 players, although I can't say that I've checked.

After freaking out thinking that the problem was with my Xbox, I decided to go and do some online research. It turns out that quite a bunch of Xbox people have been suffering from this. EA has yet to formally address this issue. However, there's a rumor that so far EA has been ignoring it while catering only to their PC players, but then again I'm not here to spread rumors...

I know that I won't be able to find a resolution on this forum from you fine people, but how about lending me some emotional support while I'm going through my sims-withdrawal? Haha ... :( Anyway, if anyone else is experience this problem, know that I'm here and you're not alone. We're in the same boat along with all these people here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3892803.page

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Game Save Flaw Alert
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 01:37:04 PM »
Sorry I can't be of any assistance. I sincerely hope your save issues get resolved soon. But, technical problems with a console version of the game got me thinking — how in the world does these issues get resolved? With the PC/Mac version it's different because they can patch the software via the internet connection.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Andrew

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 01:40:09 PM »
Sorry I can't be of any assistance. I sincerely hope your save issues get resolved soon. But, technical problems with a console version of the game got me thinking — how in the world does these issues get resolved? With the PC/Mac version it's different because they can patch the software via the internet connection.

PS3 offers the ability of downloading patches for games. I am not sure about Xbox.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 09:35:40 PM »
Hi, supdarling.

There are reports of the same issue on the PS3 forums here. I haven't run into the problem myself (yet), but it does sound like EA is aware of the issue and working on a patch, according to an Xbox 360 thread here.

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 11:01:34 PM »
There are reports of the same issue on the PS3 forums here. I haven't run into the problem myself (yet), but it does sound like EA is aware of the issue and working on a patch, according to an Xbox 360 thread here.

Flynn

I am having no luck with the links opening on my end, is it my computer?  Or the links broken?
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 11:29:40 PM »
I can't open the links either.

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 12:54:41 PM »
I worked my magic and repaired them for him. You should be able to follow the links now. :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 04:08:43 PM »
Sorry about that. Thanks for fixing the links, Swede. :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Offline IloveLlamas

• Llama Wrangler
  • Llamas spit on me once.
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 07:22:51 AM »
Iv'e had that happen on the ps3 version. only when my hdd was full.

BCRose

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 11:28:52 AM »
Slightly OFF TOPIC but can anyone give me the procedure for saving a game on the XBox?

We just got this at Christmas and cannot find the SAVE GAME function anywhere.   Frustrating!
I have played the PC version and saving was simple.   It just doesn't seem to be part of this XBox version but obviously it is as you are having issues with freezing while saving.

Thanks a bunch for any assistance

BCRose

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 07:09:56 AM »
I don't know the details for the Xbox, but it should be an option in the pause menu. At least it should be clearly stated in the game manual, so maybe you should check there?
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

BCRose

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 10:46:57 AM »
I don't know the details for the Xbox, but it should be an option in the pause menu. At least it should be clearly stated in the game manual, so maybe you should check there?

Read the manual?  First thing we did, But thanks for pointing that out  ???

It turned out to be a faulty controller.  By chance we tried it with a different controller and it worked like it was supposed to.  The start button on the controller that came with the console does not bring up the menu like it is supposed to, odd because it works fine with other games.   I was just lucky to find this.

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 02:22:17 PM »
For me on the PS3 sometimes it just doesn't save so I have to double check to make sure it does.
"Doors are for people with no imagination" - Derek Landy

anything