Author Topic: How-to guide to prevent getting bitten by a vampire  (Read 23553 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
How-to guide to prevent getting bitten by a vampire
« on: July 04, 2017, 01:15:13 PM »
Tips to prevent getting bitten:
I have TwistedMexi's vampire toggle mod from Mod the Sims, garlic growing at my main family's house --- as well as some garlic wreaths, etc. inside the front door, in the kitchen, and above the two back doors) and some garlic in their inventories and all of them have maxed the vampire lore skill (so the adults can make the vampire cure drink and the other one)  and never talk about vampires.  I also deleted Vlad and the other guy and bulldozed all of the lots in Forgotten Hollow.  No vampires are spawning, either --- which to me, is a good thing.

I know that I shouldn't see any vampires because of that mod, but I still want to know how to help my Sims, if something happens anyway.

Technically there is nothing you can do if a vamp 'targets' your sim, you can't cancel the 'Be Drunk From' interaction but if you give the bitten sim a moodlet solver afterwards (once they wake up if it was a deep drink) the bite marks and negative moodlet are removed.

Some NPC Game spawned vamps have garlic immunity so garlic doesn't always stop them.  :)

@coolsim9999999  decorate your house both on the inside and the outside with plenty of garlic-made stuff such as wreaths, braids, etc. With enough garlic around, vampires will get so nauseated and miserable when they approach that they can't get themselves to bite.

I often use the private dwelling trait - not to keep vampires away, just everyone else.
However, using the private dwelling trait is certainly a good idea if you would like to prevent vampires from entering your Sim's home.

So, why did I get this pack? 
I got this pack because of some of the stuff 8) --- in the paler colors (i.e. not the black scary colors for objects), as well as having 5 extra lots, especially in my main game, because I'm out of lots, otherwise.  I love that fireplace in white and the baby's bassinet in white and gold, etc.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: How to prevent getting bitten
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 07:17:23 PM »
I can't think of anything else to suggest really. Interestingly my current sim is friends with all the vamps he meets, has a vamp romantic interest, talks about vamps all the time and has never been bitten. I think your sims will be fine.

Technically there is nothing you can do if a vamp 'targets' your sim, you can't cancel the 'Be Drunk From' interaction but if you give the bitten sim a moodlet solver afterwards (once they wake up if it was a deep drink) the bite marks and negative moodlet are removed.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 07:33:03 PM »
Thanks a lot, Play!  Your Sims are lucky --- although, I know you like your vamps, too.  However, obviously, you don't want everyone to turn into a vamp.

My Sims all have moodlet solvers in their inventories.  I'm glad you think that my Sims will be alright, though!  I think that if Vlad were still around, then, I may have had a problem --- but I think that TwistedMexi's mod is really good, and I can enjoy having the vampy stuff that came with the pack without the vamps.  I've always been afraid of "bad guys" since I was little.  I know some vamps can be good in TS4, but still.

Offline Zero Omega

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 07:51:19 PM »
I usually just buy garlic and place it on a shelf above the front door I don't think any of the vamp sims have garlic immunity so as long as that's there they wont bite.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 07:52:40 PM »
@coolsim9999999 In case you haven't thought of it - decorate your house both on the inside and the outside with plenty of garlic-made stuff such as wreaths, braids, etc. With enough garlic around, vampires will get so nauseated and miserable when they approach that they can't get themselves to bite.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 10:08:37 PM »
Some NPC Game spawned vamps have garlic immunity so garlic doesn't always stop them.  :)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 11:18:26 PM »
Play, I hope that TwistedMexi's mod always stops them since garlic doesn't always work.  His mod has worked well so far :)!  Each Sim night, I go into managed worlds and delete new weirdos.

Nindigo, I have some garlic around the house, as well as inside the kitchen/front door, in the kitchen, outside the 2 back doors, and growing on the roof deck.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Zero Omega

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 01:23:32 AM »
Some random ones actually have garlic immunity?

that's kinda funny seeing as how almost all of the generics I've ran into can't even stand the sun yet they might have garlic immunity and I'm pretty sure Vlad doesn't have it yet he has sunlight immunity.

Also if you don't have a front door are they still able to get in?

And I Think I read somewhere that having a butler can prevent a vampire from being to able to get in.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 02:43:41 AM »
Vlad does have garlic immunity and in a new game with no mods he does not have sunlight immunity as far as I am aware, but yes, sometimes the game will spawn in quite high level vampires with quite a few traits although most of them appear to not have sunlight immunity.  :)

The highest one I've encountered was a Grand Master with Sunlight and Garlic Immunity, Vampire Creation, Bat Form, Supernatural Speed, Mesmerize and one level of Child of the Moon I think from memory. I only discovered this because I was sick and tired of my own vamp being unable to beat him in a spar. I played the townie vamp and realized he was pretty high ranking with a load of perks. Also not actually enough weaknesses for the rank and amount of perks he had. So naturally, I gave him a make over and started playing him too!

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 04:48:00 AM »
Okay, I'll make myself incredibly unpopluar and ask then - is it really so bad that an old man sometimes comes around and makes your Sim a little weak for some hours? Personally, it's no big deal and I don't quite understand how it's so upsetting to some of you guys :-\

But I can add that having a vampire of your own who's usually up and on guard for the entire night effectively prevents other vampires from violating your normal Sims. You can just chain them outside your front door and feed them plasma from squeezed fish and frogs (wear gloves when processing the little cretins) at no cost. Just make sure they have shade during the day 8)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 05:33:24 AM »
That's a really good point Nindigo, having a vampire in your household does stop other vamps from coming around and drinking from your human sims so that actually is a legit method of stopping your sims from being drunk from!

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 07:04:32 AM »
I think having the lot trait "Private Dwelling" keeps them out, too.  At least I haven't seen Vlad whenever that trait is active...well he's at the door, but can't get in.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 07:27:54 AM »
Yeah, that definitely works as well. I often use the private dwelling trait - not to keep vampires away, just everyone else.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 10:27:17 AM »
A vampire in the household keeps them from coming over just to feed.

Offline Zero Omega

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 01:53:38 PM »
Okay, I'll make myself incredibly unpopluar and ask then - is it really so bad that an old man sometimes comes around and makes your Sim a little weak for some hours? Personally, it's no big deal and I don't quite understand how it's so upsetting to some of you guys :-\

But I can add that having a vampire of your own who's usually up and on guard for the entire night effectively prevents other vampires from violating your normal Sims. You can just chain them outside your front door and feed them plasma from squeezed fish and frogs (wear gloves when processing the little cretins) at no cost. Just make sure they have shade during the day 8)

Maybe if it was a female vamp it wouldn't be so bad but getting a killer hickey from nosferatu is just wrong.