Author Topic: Tri-State Super Parent Challenge  (Read 8562 times)

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
Re: Tri-State Super Parent Challenge
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2017, 03:40:43 PM »
I didn't think I could get any to finish the aspiration so I'm happy I got all three.

Human   34661
Alien      22690
Vampire 25217

Total      82568.
Cynthia

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2017, 01:01:11 AM »
This was an incredibly fun challenge! :) I hadn't played much with the Parenthood pack till now, so I really enjoyed diving in and learning all about the character traits and stuff.

Human     7,961
Alien        6,416
Vampire   7,320

Total       21,697

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2017, 07:16:57 PM »
Loved this challenge and it helped me re-ignite my interest in the Sims. Without any practice I don't think I did to badly I could have done better. Each time I played it I was quicker. However not to disappointed in my results. This was a lot of fun and I finished in two days. Thank you very much!!!

Human: 12145
Alien: 8041
Vampire: 9814
Total: 30,000

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2017, 10:18:13 PM »
Man, I put a lot of time into this one as far as practice goes.  There are a few places I lost some time, but overall, I am really happy with my effort here.  Although, I am sure someone will do better.  Anyway, what an awesome challenge.

Human - 5289
Alien - 5349
Vampire - 5385
Total - 16023

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2017, 09:56:29 AM »
score:

Human      20,540 minutes   
Alien         15,763 minutes
Vampire    9,675 minutes

Total        45,978 minutes

Thank you Lena for the spreadsheet!!!

Cheers WP

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2017, 12:25:30 PM »
Long learning curve on this one, given never having played vampires or parenthood before.  Anyhow:

Human:   18618
Alien:      14837
Vampire: 10514

Total:      43969

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 06:29:30 AM »
This challenge ends in a few days. You need to post your score before the challenge ends late Sunday night. Good luck to everyone finishing up.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MysteryGem

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2017, 02:16:01 AM »
This was fun ---

Humans -    27,439
Aliens -       20,604
Vampires -  13,446

Total --   61,489

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2017, 05:16:18 PM »
All done...not a very great effort for me. Oh well. :)

Humans -- 19,587
Alien -- 15,929
Vampire -- 12,845

Total -- 48,361

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2017, 05:19:07 PM »
Just got done, close to the top but not close enough :)

Human 5636
Alien 5711
Vampire 5484

Total 16830

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2017, 08:15:39 PM »
Barely finished but I got it done.

Human: 20550

Alien: 22616

Vampire: 20205

Total: 63371

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2017, 08:38:02 PM »
My parents finished as follows:

Alien 6,593
Human 6,326
Vampire 6,483

Total: 19,402

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2017, 09:18:29 PM »
Got crazy busy after the humans and aliens; barely finished with the vamps!

Human    5451
Alien       5027
Vampire  5080

Total    15,558

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2017, 06:16:23 AM »
This event is now closed. Thanks to all participants. It was a nice opportunity for players to strut their parenting chops as well as give a chance for some of us (myself included) to play different life states. Big grats to GlazeyLady for the win...she swooped in at the 11th hour for another feather in her cap. Great job. :) Everyone is now free to talk strategy.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2017, 09:34:23 AM »
Aw, so close.  I thought I may of had that one, but congrats to @GlazeyLady for her win.  I also wanted to say how fun this challenge was, and it was a nice change of pace to have a parenting type challenge without a full house. 

Anyway, my strategy was evolving.  I had so many questions before I started, and so many more came up as I was playing.  I had never played with aliens or vampires before, but it turned out strategy was pretty much the same for all three life states. 

My first thought was it would be a lot better if they could have twins.  On my first practice run, my humans did manage to have twins, but not the aliens or vamps.  It is so unreliable, I knew that I couldn't depend on that for strategy.  As, I played though, I realized one child is better anyway.  The most time consuming part of the aspiration is helping with homework for 4 hours.  At first, I just had one parent help them with their homework and it takes 1 hour.  I knew if they could get a B, that they would have extra credit as well.  I found out if a child goes to school with a completed project and very focused they could get a B in one day.  That was great to know, and it did help the time by sending the kid to school the next day, getting the B, and then There would be 2 hours that homework could be helped.  Although, that still wasn't the fastest way.

While I was doing the alien practice, my kid and his dad kept talking autonomously while his mother was helping him.  I noticed that his homework took longer to complete, so that's when I knew.  Of course, what makes everything take longer in sims 4, multitasking.  So, when i used that strat, I had one parent helping the kid with homework, one parent sitting at the table beside him, and I just kept queuing up social interactions for the kid and the other parent that wasn't currently helping him.  So, by doing it that way, I could get about 6 hours of homework help out of just one homework.  That completely took away any need of getting a new homework.

So, this is exactly what I did.  When the game first starts, I made a club with both parents in it.  The only club activity I put at first was friendly interactions.  Then, obviously, I had that parents try for baby.  It happened the first time for the humans, but the vamps and aliens took twice.  Then you have 3 days until you can have that baby, so I used that time by maxing the parenting skill.  First, they read the parenting books.  Then I just had them talk to each other and every couple interactions, I would have them give parenting tips social.  The first night they slept, and I added sleeping to club activities.  When they woke up, they had enough points for rally the troops.  They only other perk I bought was a parenting skill boost.  I did find that rally the troops really wasn't very beneficial for the vamps though.  Also during that time, I had a caked baked.  As soon as the baby was born, it was aged up to toddler.  Then the toddler was aged up to child.  I gave the children the good trait because it gives you a third of the bar to empathy.  The first thing I had them do was play with the doctor set and queued up all of the praise playing with the doctor set as I could with both parents, that got that discipling your child 5 times milestone done, and helped with the empathy.  Then I cancelled the playing, and had the child do homework like I described above.  Once one parent had their 4 hours, I would switch to other other parent for the remaining 2 hours.  At that point, the child went back to the doctor set, fill up the parent's queue with praise, then cancel the playing interaction. Then, start playing again, filled the parents queue again, and empathy was filled.  Then, it was time for teen, so the cake had candles put on it again for the child to age up.  I gave the teens the neat trait because it fills up manners a third.  First, I finished the last two hours of homework for the parent's aspiration, then had them praise him about homework just like I did the doctors set by queuing praise, then cancel, start homework again, and queuing it up until responsibility was in range.  Lastly, I put a bunch of tables in the yard, and had the teen set them all.  While the parents were running around praising him or her for setting the table.  So, they were finished around midnight or 1 early Thursday morning.  I kinda messed up on the vamps because if they already have full parent mode when that part of the aspiration is there, it won't complete, so you have to wait for the moodlet to go away to get it to come back again.  I lost a hour there.  I also lost a hour from the vamps and aliens not getting pregnant the first time. 

So, I am really looking forward to reading what glazeylady did.  I'm still really happy with my score because if I didn't do all the practice I did for this, I would of been somewhere in the middle probably.  I pretty much stuck with the character values I chose, and didn't really experiment with that, so that may of been where I could of saved more time. 

anything