Author Topic: Blank skybox lot? new and need cc assistance.  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Zesty feline

• Nooboo
Blank skybox lot? new and need cc assistance.
« on: July 23, 2017, 12:40:14 PM »
Hey everyone so I do not currently own a copy of the sims although it seems like buying it from Origin is the way to go, the main thing I want to do is use it for level design and I would like to filter out/customize the surrounding environment so I can have a blank room/s floating in nothingness, like this image below, if I could select the amount of tiles that would be cool but not a requirement.

If this is a thing (which I assume it would be out there) can anyone guide me through the steps to install the mod, cheers and thank you.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Blank skybox lot? new and need cc assistance.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 04:08:07 PM »
Hi @Zesty feline, welcome to the forum.

As far as I'm aware there is no way to set/change lot sizes, but you can always bulldoze a lot if you need to.  Newcrest is a town of blank lots in different sizes so good for building in.  When you are building you have the option to save the whole lot or each room separately for greater flexibility.

The screenshot you posted shows a basement room which is why there is no landscape or other surroundings.  You can build 2 basement levels per lot and up to 5 levels above ground, which includes the roofspace which can be made tall enough to use as rooms.  I'm not aware of a mod to make the above ground levels look like basement but you can find mods to change the skyline and remove some of the surrounding landscaping.  Mod the Sims is probably the best place to look, I think 'Bakiegaming' has some skyline removers on there.

Check out the building tutorial on the guide for more info & ideas: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/building/houses.php and there are plenty of youtube tutorials as well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.