Author Topic: Do mods slow down the game or the computer itself?  (Read 7264 times)

Offline dewmongo

• Nooboo
    • origin account
Do mods slow down the game or the computer itself?
« on: August 05, 2017, 01:01:04 PM »
I want to start using mods and CC for my sims 4 game but am scared that it will slow the game down, cause it to freeze, etc. how common is this and is it even worth it if it will mess the game up?

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Do mods slow down the game or the computer itself?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 01:28:48 PM »
I have all the expansion and game packs, a couple of the stuff packs and about 800 mods, most of which is cc but some script/core mods.  I have a mid range pc and haven't really experienced any slow down and no freezing.  The few glitches I've had have been fixed by clearing out the caches etc.

If you are worried then start small with a few pieces of cc and create a new save the test them.  Add a few mods and test again in that new save and if there are no problems then start using in your main games.

I get most of my mods from Mod the Sims and they make it easy to check if they are up to date.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dewmongo

• Nooboo
    • origin account
Re: Do mods slow down the game or the computer itself?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 01:41:21 PM »
I have all the expansion and game packs, a couple of the stuff packs and about 800 mods, most of which is cc but some script/core mods.  I have a mid range pc and haven't really experienced any slow down and no freezing.  The few glitches I've had have been fixed by clearing out the caches etc.

If you are worried then start small with a few pieces of cc and create a new save the test them.  Add a few mods and test again in that new save and if there are no problems then start using in your main games.

I get most of my mods from Mod the Sims and they make it easy to check if they are up to date.

thank you :)