Author Topic: Custom Worlds with either low expansion or only base game requirements  (Read 8500 times)

Offline summerlady

• Nooboo
I am having a very, very, very difficult time finding custom worlds that will work in my game.  Every single world I find requires expansion and stuff packs I don't have (or even want, to be honest).  There seem to be very few worlds that are only either base game compatible or don't have all expansions (would it be so hard to have at least one world that didn't require World Adventures?).  Google is really worse that useless; I already know about MTS, Sims 3 Tumblr, NRaas, and My Sims Realty.  Are there any creators that have worlds that I can play?  It's very upsetting to see a world that looks great, but I can't play it because of the requirements.  :'(

My expansion and stuff packs: Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, University, Town Life Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff, Diesel, Master Suite Stuff.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Custom Worlds with either low expansion or only base game requirements
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 06:36:35 PM »
Well I guess that is because the people making custom worlds are really making them for themselves and are then kind enough to share them for free for others to use. This makes sense because if I was making a custom world I would be making it to suit me!

Try also asking on the official sims 3 forum, there are many simmers who make amazing custom worlds so I guess it's just a case of downloading them and seeing just how much is missing and if it is still usable for your packs.

I know you said you knew about tymblr but was there anything that was suitable here: http://sims3customworlds.tumblr.com/ as this has a lot of worlds on it.

You could also try an empty world and then you could fill it how you wanted.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Justwright

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 08:27:25 PM »
I believe Aluna Island requires only Base Game but it is an empty world.  You would have to add your own houses and sims.

https://jamesturner.yt/tss/Aluna-Island

Offline summerlady

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 05:51:25 AM »
Well I guess that is because the people making custom worlds are really making them for themselves and are then kind enough to share them for free for others to use. This makes sense because if I was making a custom world I would be making it to suit me!

Try also asking on the official sims 3 forum, there are many simmers who make amazing custom worlds so I guess it's just a case of downloading them and seeing just how much is missing and if it is still usable for your packs.

I know you said you knew about tymblr but was there anything that was suitable here: http://sims3customworlds.tumblr.com/ as this has a lot of worlds on it.

You could also try an empty world and then you could fill it how you wanted.

The problem with most empty worlds is there are  A LOT that require expansions I don't have.  Apparently, creators don't understand that not everyone has all TS3 expansion and stuff packs.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 06:00:07 PM »
I believe Aluna Island requires only Base Game but it is an empty world.  You would have to add your own houses and sims.

https://jamesturner.yt/tss/Aluna-Island
I remember watching him make that!

...  Apparently, creators don't understand that not everyone has all TS3 expansion and stuff packs.

Well, like I said that is because they are primarily making the world for themselves and then are kind enough to share their creations for free for those who would also like to use it.

Many of those worlds that use packs you don't have will still work for you, you would just have to replace the missing items which could be items like trees etc.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything