Author Topic: Linked containers?  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Darien

• Llama Wrangler
Linked containers?
« on: October 03, 2017, 12:42:28 PM »
In order to unclutter my Sims' inventories, I bought a few chests to store the collectibles by category - minerals in one, herbs in the other, etc. It seemed to work in TS3. But in TS4, it seems that all the chests are linked, and whatever you put into one, goes to all of them. (The same is true for bookcases.)

Is it a bug or is it how things work in TS4? Is there a way to separate the containers?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Linked containers?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 02:24:50 PM »
Sadly it seems to be a feature not a bug that the containers are linked. In game I believe there is no way to separate the containers. There may be a mod that would do so, but as I don't use them I am not aware of one.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Linked containers?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 06:23:50 PM »
Yep, not a bug, the storage chests are all the same regardless of how many you have on your lot. They all access the 'one' storage system. I miss the way storage chests etc work in TS3 too, such a better system for sure. Bookcases too, I love the way bookcases are all individual in TS3 as it makes it much easier to organize everything. Quite frankly the storage 'solutions' are horrible in TS4, especially considering that having a large sims personal inventory causes lag and stuttering.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything