Author Topic: Re-setting hidden lots  (Read 2401 times)

Offline yngwie

• Nooboo
Re-setting hidden lots
« on: October 17, 2017, 01:03:29 PM »
Hi guys, I just recently started playing the Sims 4 again and simply picked up where I left from after a hiatus, but with a new family. Chose the curator aspiration so of course I want to find as many collectibles as possible. One problem is, when I went to discover the Forgotten Grotto, it had already been open, and it's empty. You can always fish and look for frogs, but the minerals and metals have been looted and they aren't re-spawning at all. I remembered I picked it all up with a Sim I previously played with in another household. My question is, is there a way to reset hidden lots, kind of like having to discover them again as if they had been intact, with all their collectibles still in place?  Thanks :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Re-setting hidden lots
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 01:01:14 AM »
Just takes some time for the plants, frogs and dig sites to respawn. Have your sim do some fishing there or something for a while and then you should start to see the collectables in question respawn in.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 03:06:54 PM »
You'll probably have to be there between midnight and 3AM as that's when collectibles will respawn after they've been collected.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 08:38:39 AM »
My sims have been spending a LOT of time in Sylvan Glade. Like my sims take a tent and a cooler and stuff and/or I buy moodlet solvers and stuff for them. We're talking days here. And the dig sites do not respawn. Frog sites sometimes do. The harvestables do. But not the dig sites.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 09:43:16 AM »
There aren't any dig sites in Sylvan Glade. There are plants and three (I think) frog spawners.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 11:31:07 AM »
There were the first time I went there. Unless it was a glitch? It's also been an issue in the Forgotten Grotto.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 05:24:15 PM »
I'd try repairing your game through Origin (click). There was a bug a while back that caused dig sites to take forever to respawn. But I do think reggikko is correct in that there are no dig sites in Sylvan Glade. I'm away from my pc until later today but I will load up a new game and double check for you if no one else has by the time I get home.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 04:23:21 PM »
I'll try fixing my game. I have been having some other issues as well. Good to know it's an option.

anything