Author Topic: My sim is always focused??!!  (Read 2622 times)

Offline Smilada

• Nooboo
My sim is always focused??!!
« on: October 31, 2017, 05:14:09 AM »
So I have this one sim who is always focused no matter what. Even though I have lot traits that are supposed to energize him when he is exercising, he is still focused. There is no reason for him to be focused, it's not like he has the Genius trait or did anything like play chess that makes him focused. All of the icons just somehow "Boost Focus", like below.

Any ideas?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: My sim is always focused??!!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 07:53:06 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
The first thing to consider is whether you have any mods, as those can cause strange things. Since all your icons are boosting focus, it doesn't look like anything in particular is causing it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 12:07:24 PM »
Or, maybe you have one of the focus plumbob lamps from having TS3. I know I often use the focus ones because I like the look of them, but, I try not to enable their aura unless I need that boost
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Smilada

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 01:56:43 AM »
I have 6 other sims living in the same house, none of them have the same problem. I also only use CC, I don't use mods. And he would still be focused if he is going to work, visiting other sims, or working out (though his trait should have made him energized when working out) so I honestly don't know why! It's definitely not any object's emotional aura. I've tried resetting the sim, and also restarting the game and now the problem still persists :( And its very difficult to promote him as his career requires the energized emotion...

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 01:31:30 AM »
I'd suggest taking out all your mods CC, deleting the localthumbcache.package file from your TheSims 4 folder, then start up your game and see if this sim is still focused. If he is travel through a loading screen and then do something that should put him into a different mood, like cloud gazing or a brisk shower to make him energized at a gym lot etc. Remember: do not save your game with the cc removed as it will be saved in this state... with all your cc missing so when you have finished testing, quit without saving.

*edited
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 06:09:41 AM »
We tend to use the words mods and CC interchangeably, since the CC goes in the mods folder. So, it is entirely possible that there is a glitched piece of CC in your game. Try follow Play's direction above (she is as clued up as MrsF maybe just 1% less lol if that) and hope for the best!!

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 03:56:29 PM »
Thanks Mags, I should really say CC when I mean that! lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 11:44:56 AM »
Lol no worries :-D I do the same... It's one of those weird things where all mods are definitely CC, but, all CC is not a mod... Although, I guess it would depend on your interpretation of the word mod *brain explodes from over thinking*

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 12:10:44 PM »
@Playalot Not too long ago, I was chastised for calling CC mods. I defend myself by arguing that mod is short for moderation - and custom content does modify something in the game even if it's just a piece of clothing or eyelashes ;) My adversary was equally adamant, though.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 12:19:47 PM »
@Nindigo sheesh. It's amazing what some people will get uppity about lol

I had a friend that would flip if I called Uni "school". Some people are just weird.

And I totally agree with your estimation of the meaning of mod vs CC!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 04:41:54 PM »
I usually do say CC when I mean that but occasionally I'll say 'mods' to represent both cc and mods. But it is confusing for others when they don't realize that. In general conversation it wouldn't bother me to read 'mods' as interchangeable with 'cc and mods' but it isn't really that useful to do it when I'm trying to help someone.  :-\

I guess because cc can break your game/cause issues I treat cc the same way I do mods when trying to solve a game bug... it gets removed, cache files deleted, game tested without etc etc. Sometimes it is a piece of cc causing the issues and the mods are actually all ok!

anything