Author Topic: Cats and Dogs - Pet traits  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Cats and Dogs - Pet traits
« on: November 09, 2017, 07:42:56 PM »
Cats

Affectionate   These cats really love their owners. They'll try to stick close to them whenever possible. (Conflicts with Aloof)
Aloof                   These cats don't really need owners, they're just here for the free food. (Conflicts with Affectionate)
Clever   These Cats are fast learners, and some say that they can even understand Simlish when spoken to!
Curious   These cats are more curious about their surroundings. They like to search different objects around the house.
Fluffy           These cats are more fluffy than normal! They'll hack up hairballs more often.
Free Spirit   These cats enjoy wondering around the world, almost as if they were wild animals! But don't worry, they'll always come home for the food.
Friendly    These pets tend to be friendly to other Sims, and will happily greet other Sims around them. (Conflicts with Territorial)
Frisky   These cats are more active than other cats. They really like to pounce and run around. (Conflicts with Lazy)
Glutton   These pets will eat significantly more often, and much more messily!
Lazy           These cats really enjoy their catnaps. They also are less likely to jump from place to place since it takes too much effort. (Conflicts with Frisky)
Mischievous    These cats are always up to no good! They will often misbehave, and can even be encouraged to do so.
Playful   These pets love toys and want to play all the time, even when they're not excited.
Prowler    These cats enjoy prowling around the neighborhood. Send them out and they might come back with something they found.
Skittish    These cats are scared of everything. Okay, well, almost everything. They also like to hide a lot.
Spoiled   These cats are spoiled creatures. Scolding them hardly ever changes their behavior.
Talkative   These cats love to yowl along with other Sims. They'll even try to sing upon request.
Territorial   These cats are fairly protective of their territory. They will be aggressive to anyone new they meet. (Conflicts with Friendly)

Dogs

Adventurous    These dogs will sometimes leave the house to go on solo adventures, but are also happy to go on an adventure with their owner.
Aggressive         These dogs will be more hostile when greeting others, and might attack others unless properly trained. (Conflicts with Friendly)
Couch Potato   These dogs are low-energy creatures that like to relax and unwind with their owners, rather than run around. (Conflicts with Active)
Friendly          These pets tend to be friendly to other Sims, and will happily greet other Sims around them. (Conflicts with Aggressive)
Glutton         These pets will eat significantly more often, and much more messily!
Hairy                 These dogs will leave hair piles laying around. Brush their fur to keep things tidy!
Hunter         These dogs are natural hunters. Send them off into the world, and they'll hunt and dig for things.
Independent    These dogs are less likely to need constant affection and can even walk themselves. (Conflicts with Loyal)
Jumpy         These dogs are easily frightened, and like to hide more often. They will often shy away from things like fights.
Loyal                 These dogs want to be closer with their owners and love to be pet. They like to follow their owners around. (Conflicts with Independant)
Playful         These pets love toys and want to play all the time, even when they're not excited.
Sleuth         These dogs are naturally more curious and like to investigate different objects around the house.
Smart         These bright dogs are easier to train and pick up tricks quickly. They might even understand Simlish!
Stubborn          These dogs don't like being told what to do. Scolding them doesn't do much to change their misbehavior, but you can try begging them to stop.
Troublemaker   These dogs are always up to nothing good. They will often misbehave and can even be encouraged to do so.
Vocal                 These dogs like to howl occasionally, and can even sing on command.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Cats and Dogs - Pet traits
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 04:44:15 AM »
Oh man. I saw your PM before I saw this. This is a huge time-saver. Thank you!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 02:16:13 PM »
No worries, sorry about the formatting, I just copied and pasted from my word document and the formatting headed south majorly!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 05:46:17 PM »
Great list! But the dogs also can have an Active trait.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 07:52:46 AM »
Working on gathering the mechanics for some of these now. I suppose it's my next guide. Thanks for the good catch Marian.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 12:50:44 PM »
@Playalot thank you for the contribution. I did put this up, though it feels a bit cheesey without me having put the mechanics in, there are people who don't know much about this pack who may be interested. Filling in the notes column is my next step :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 01:17:58 PM »
Great list! But the dogs also can have an Active trait.
Oh good catch, it was on my word document but obviously didn't copy and paste it correctly! Blame it on the sleeplessness, I got a bit obsessed after getting the pack!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything