Author Topic: Pet Misbehaviours  (Read 18326 times)

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
Pet Misbehaviours
« on: November 11, 2017, 05:30:22 PM »
Does anyone know what the misbehaviours are exactly? I thought they were things like scolding/lecturing the dog so it pees outside or doesn't bark all the time but this didn't trigger the new Aspiration tasks to tick off when i got the "dog has learnt to x message" so assuming it's something else?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Pet Misbehaviours
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 05:35:29 PM »
The misbehaviors are different to teaching your dog new commands. It is the new commands that are needed for the aspiration. No it's not... It IS correctly learning to NOT do something that the aspiration needs.

So, misbehavours are actions you can teach your pet to NOT do, like scratching the furniture, rolling in puddles and so on. You teach your pet to not do them by lecturing (Friendly) or scolding (Mean). Sometimes it only takes on lecture, sometimes it takes a lot!

The new commands are things your sim teaches your pet TO DO. Like sit, shake, heel and so on. These are found under the Training tab when clicking on your pet.

Carl's Guide to Adopting, Training and Caring

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 05:59:01 PM »
Thanks Playalot! Bit of a misdirection to say "train out X misbehaviours" then. More "train x behaviours" :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 06:01:44 PM »
Yeah..it is! I'm actually heading in-game very soon so I'll look at this a bit more, it doesn't seem quite right does it.  ??? maybe it's bugged? Really not sure but I'll play around with a few new saves etc and see if they are all the same.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 06:24:38 PM »
@cyclonenic sorry about putting you wrong in my above post.

So here's how it works. Let's use a dog playing in puddles as the example.

My sim has caught his dog playing in puddles at least 5 times. Each time he lectured his dog about not doing this action. The dog stopped each time but nothing else really happened.

On the approx 6th time my sim lectured the dog again about not playing in puddles and finally the notification came that "'dogs name' has learned to not play in puddles" and a musical tone/sting played to alert me the player that something had happened.

Now it seems that the aspiration must be chosen at the time. Only when the Friends of the Animals aspiration was the active one did the counter acknowledge that the pet had 'successfully been trained out of a misbehavior'.

This was what threw me as I expected it to count even if my sim had another aspiration chosen at the time of doing the lecturing.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 03:22:43 AM »
I swear I had the Aspiration on but maybe I didn't as I'm going back and forward between this and Friend of the World. I'll try again.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 05:39:17 AM »
Yep, I was obviously hallucinating that I had it on the right Aspiration before (or repairing my game helped). Riley learned not to Wake Up Sims (sheesh, 2:50am!) and it ticked off a count of 1 on the Aspiration :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 03:42:53 PM »
TBh I think doing a game repair is almost essential with this pack. The majority of my bugs and glitches were solved by doing a repair.  :)

anything