Author Topic: Changes to How Townies Dress  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Changes to How Townies Dress
« on: November 18, 2017, 05:34:41 PM »
Until I read this post on the OF's https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/929309/let-sims-wear-their-assigned-cas-outfits-instead-of-weird-situational-ones-please/p1 I had supposed the weird way townies were dressing in nightclubs was another bug. Unfortunately it looks as this randomized nightclub apparel is by design. I don't seem to be alone in not appreciating this change to the game code.   :-\

I sincerely hope the game devs change this back. I dislike seeing the sims not wearing the outfits I planned for them and instead wearing utterly ridiculously looking randomized outfits the game generated. Sometimes making a polite, well thought out post expressing your dislike of a feature helps the devs to make the kinds of changes we like as a community.

(Note, not all posts on this thread are of the caliber I mention above.)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Changes to How Townies Dress
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:09:37 PM »
What a disastrous design! >:(

I'm totally with you on this, Playalot. It's old news that I've been ranting about this myself. Although I don't control the NPCs and most often don't have much to do with them, I do care how they present themselves. Just like I appreciate that real people dress properly in public. Whatever were the devs thinking? *facepalm*
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 10:00:28 AM »
Yep. This has actually been an issue for me with walkbys ever since I installed the Vampire pack. It's worse now and it is beyond annoying.

TS4_x64 2017-10-15 19-33-45-04.jpg

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 06:36:01 PM »
@reggikko  the vampire pack walk-bys were supposedly fixed in patch 11/15/2017 PC 1.36.104.1020 / Mac 1.36.104.1220. Are you still seeing vampire walk-bys dressed weirdly?

This nightclub issue is apparently by design, the devs have changed the game mechanics now so that when sims go to a nightclub instead of wearing the outfits you have planned for them (either party or day) they are forced into a randomized outfit much like the vampire walk-bys. The hope is that if enough people complain in a reasonable manner the devs may change this back again. It won't occur to your currently played sim but it applies to all other sims.

Also: a guru has noticed!
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16173739/#Comment_16173739

Testing a fix that has sims change into their party outfit! Yes please!
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16176137/#Comment_16176137
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 05:12:39 AM »
I just played for the first time in a while, and immediately noticed the strange dress at the nightclub. I actually don't have a problem with it. But I also noticed my sim had options for "Upgrade..." and "Collect Microscopic Sample..." even though he didn't have skills or appropriate traits. Either I'm crazy, or that's also a change, and in this case, probably a bug.

anything