Author Topic: Vet care issues.  (Read 1679 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Vet care issues.
« on: November 18, 2017, 05:44:07 PM »
I recently had an issue with the vet. I started a new game as wee playing with completely developed sims can get old. I started this new family with a elderly cat named Witches Cross. She was a black cat my sim vamp child loved. Well Witches got sick, so child sim took her to the vet. He checked her in. waited half a sim day before she started to be checked out. Before they were done all the vet left. I waited 24 hours at the vet to see if it would be completed and decided at that point to go home and come back. Sadly once home Ms. Cross couldn't be brought back to the vet despite numerous attempts , and in about half a day later, Ms. Cross was dead. She was an elder so that is likely why she died, but part of me blames the heartless vet staff who abandoned her when she was sick.

Anyway, anyone else had the vet staff vanish? Is this a bug? Can an unknown disease kill a cat? If the vet actually treats the cat how long does it normally take? Did I leave too early? I found the whole thing kinda sad having the cat abandoned by the vet staff. I really hope it was some kind of glitch. Sick cats need care.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Vet care issues.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 05:47:30 PM »
This is a bug/glitch of some sort. Normally my trips to an NPC very take a very short amount of time. A bit of a wait, maybe 2 real life mins and then my pet is ushered through by the vet, examined and then the option to treat them comes up.

Have you done a repair on your game recently? Are you using any cc or mods? (Sorry for asking again but I can't remember!)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 05:53:56 PM »
Yes to deal with other bugs like the disappearing items bug. I can try it again, Sims is know for its bugs and glitches but this is getting ridiculous. It seems since I loaded cats & dogs I can't play without issues.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 05:55:05 PM »
I don't use CC or mods. As a rule sims has enough bugs without adding more.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 05:59:43 PM »
Sometimes some games just seem to get bugged. I had a real run like that a year or two ago and literally had every known game bug plus some. I did a factory reset, as well as a bit of PC maintenance too and since then my game has been running pretty well.

Factory Reset

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 06:00:45 PM »
I also did a complete uninstall-reinstall which can also be good when you feel like your game is almost unplayable. Even restarting your PC can help. Seems silly but sometimes it's the simply things that can make a difference.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 06:07:00 PM »
OK  I tried repairing the game and it started downloading stuff so maybe it will fix it. if not factory reset it is.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.