Author Topic: I’m so angry I could... - Xbox one  (Read 3233 times)

Offline flawed Sim

• Nooboo
I’m so angry I could... - Xbox one
« on: November 18, 2017, 06:54:15 PM »
 Quick introduction,  i’m playing on the Xbox one. I’m so excited to have a full-fledged port! I haven’t had a proper sims experience in years .  All of the information below should work for the PC as I used PC guides as my own reference

I started reading about sims dying from anger, and it fascinated me. The first thing I noticed upon researching is that there were conflicting reports. Some people claim that angering a sim to death is easy, while others say that they tried forever and eventually gave up. The most interesting report was a single person claiming that they did it once quite easily but were unable to repeat it.

I’ve done some testing, and I now understand the conflicting reports. It takes quite a few different anger inducing moodlets to add up enough anger to cause death. In other words, being mean to a sim will only continue to refresh a single moodlet, and that will never be enough to cause death

I’m going to discuss a method  here that will work on any sim. Although, it may be slower if you have a high relationship score with them. This method will focus on the following moodlets:

-Aggravating Conversation +2 anger

-Enraging Décor +1-3 anger

-Incensed by Art +1 anger

-Voodoo Pain +2 anger

-A New Enemy +2 anger

-Vicious Rumor +2 anger (optional untested)

So, these moodlets need to be combined to achieve an anger total high enough to kill a sim, but what is the total? This question is hard to answer because there might be some randomness involved. It is believed that Sims have a random chance to die when they become enraged. This happens at 7 anger. I’ve killed half a dozen sims by angering them. None of them died at 7. One might have died at eight, but not a single one survived an anger score of 9. Nine therefore seems to be the most consistent and it’s what I shoot for.

The first step is “Enraging Decour”. Simply keep adding objects with an anger aura to the room. You can get these objects by painting or woodworking while angry. Note that level two woodworking is required to carve angry objects. All information seems to indicate that you can achieve +3 anger. However I’ve only been able to achieve +2. I suspect this has to do with the quality of the objects, but I have not confirmed this. Now, add your victim to your group this is essential for the last step of the process and cannot be done once victim is angry with you .Next, bind your voodoo doll to your victim.

With your room set up, use “go here as group” to get victim in place, and it is time to start. Note that timing is an issue, so if you’re planning to kill a sim that you don’t control, secure the room. To get the “new enemy” moodlet, you need to declare your victim an enemy. This option appears under the “mean” category when your dislike meter is around 75% full. Use mean interactions on your victim until the “declare enemy” option becomes available. Starting a fight as soon as possible will speed this up greatly DO NOT CLICK IT AT THIS POINT! This moodlet only lasts 4 hours and cannot be easily repeated. Instead, poke the voodoo doll. This step can be tricky because it sometimes backfires. Check your own moodlets for a backfire. If one isn’t there, you’re good to go. Otherwise, poke the doll again and be ready to possibly come back to it later.

Now it’s time to declare enemy. If the victim becomes “enraged”, you know the doll worked.Otherwise, continue to poke it until your victim is “enraged”. Finally, click on one of the angry objects and choose “view together”. “Incensed by art” seems a bit inconsistent, so you may have to repeat this step until victim reaches nine anger. They should die at this point.

Optional stuff:

If you’ve done the “public enemy” aspiration, “vicious rumor” should be able to substitute for either “incensed by art” or “a new enemy”. This will provide you with some flexibility

You can keep angry flaming spaghetti (+1 anger) on hand as a back up, but I find that relying on the victim to eat is not such a good idea.

There are some anger inducing moodlets specifically for romantic relationships. I didn’t explore these because I was looking for a flexible method. However, there might be some suitable substitutions.

I am disabled. I use speech recognition because it is far easier and less time-consuming than typing. Please forgive any typos or inconsistencies due to this.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: I’m so angry I could...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 07:14:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Depending on the packs you are using this may not work. With the Parenthood pack on PC teens are immune to emotional deaths due to game mechanics where teens get extreme mood fluctuations as part of normal game play.

Nice to hear you are enjoying The Sims. I only play PC so can't comment on what will work on console re game-mechanics. Regardless, it is always far easier to kill your own controlled sims than an NPC townie as there as some hidden mechanics that can kick in and protect them from untimely death!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline flawed Sim

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 07:24:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Depending on the packs you are using this may not work. With the Parenthood pack on PC teens are immune to emotional deaths due to game mechanics where teens get extreme mood fluctuations as part of normal game play.

Nice to hear you are enjoying The Sims. I only play PC so can't comment on what will work on console re game-mechanics. Regardless, it is always far easier to kill your own controlled sims than an NPC townie as there as some hidden mechanics that can kick in and protect them from untimely death!

Thanks, I completely forgot to mention teens because I read early on that they were immune to that kind of death. I’m almost  certain this works on PC, but if anyone wants to try and confirm that would be cool. I mostly came up with this method to kill townies  because I wanted to build a graveyard  😂
I am disabled. I use speech recognition because it is far easier and less time-consuming than typing. Please forgive any typos or inconsistencies due to this.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 07:47:10 PM »
I bet you're right that it will be pretty much the same on PC as console. Which is going to make it pretty neat for console players.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 01:37:36 PM »
My favorite way to kill in sims 4 is laughter. I don't like ghosts that make my sims angry running around. The process is similar but even easier.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 02:00:57 PM »
If it's anything like laughter, it is important to have the main mood at maximum level. Merely adding moodlets is not enough, until the mood is maxed out. For instance, for laughter, you have playful & very playful, but you're safe, until you hit "Hysterical". ALSO there are moodlets that contribute to the overall mood. I think, that when you hit a mood, there is some sort of bar that fills, until you hit the next level. Keeping the moodlets at a certain threshold will keep the bar filling. In other words, I suspect there's a time factor.

I made the mistake of trying out a happy potion, to see what it would do. Those things last a VERY long time & give you a 100+ happy boost.
THEN, someone invited me to the humor festival. I carelessly allowed my Sim to join the Jokesters. The Jokester potion gave the Sim a huge playful boost & the happiness moodlet contributed to the playful mood. Then, a couple of jokes flew & next thing I knew, my Sim couldn't take it anymore & Poof! He was completely gone from the game. Maybe, exercising until you strain something, repairing something, until you stub something & using the woodworking table, until you get a splinter, could help you accomplish your goals. Maybe, an embarrassing bathroom disaster could contribute too. It's alimentary.

anything