Author Topic: Connecting with tiny, digital people  (Read 1625 times)

Offline flawed Sim

• Nooboo
Connecting with tiny, digital people
« on: November 25, 2017, 11:34:18 AM »
I’ve put countless hours into the different Sims games. I remember reading about the first Sims game in a magazine in my high school library. I fell in love from that moment on. I loved creating stories. I think part of the reason people love the Sims is that it’s a modern day role-playing game. It lets us live out our fantasies and sometimes our nightmares. I’m disabled, and I think, if I take an honest look at myself, I have to admit that strengthens the appeal for me. I get to role-play as an able-bodied person.

I played the Sims 1 and 2 on PC and the Sims 3 on console. I had a blast, but I must admit that it started to appeal to my love for grinding in RPGs more than my love of telling stories. “ oh I’m going to combine this career with that aspiration and this family life and see how much money I can make”. “ Let’s queue up those social interactions so I can talk my boss into a raise”

I’m playing the Sims 4 now and something has started to happen that I don’t remember happening before. I’m starting to connect with them in a different way. Not that I didn’t care about them before. If I didn’t care on some level, I wouldn’t bother to play the game, and I don’t overly care about them. I’ve spent hours researching how to anger a sim to death, , but things happen that affect my decision making. I had two soulmate sims. I aged them both to elder at same moment because I couldn’t bear to see one moping around the house for days without the other.

I watched child Sims playing pirates at the park when an old lady suddenly dropped dead. The kids gathered around crying and then begin to talk to and pester the Grim Reaper until he left. Then, they returned to their pirate game, but the moments between the yelling were far more subdued than before. I imagined they were pretending to save the old lady from some creature from the deep.

I have plans for this child. He’s going to grow up spoiled to become a womanizer and squander the fortune his dad made from nothing. His dad literally made it from nothing. I wasted every last cent of his dad money, I did not allow him to build on his own lot. He had to save up enough money to buy a house while being homeless. He’s a best-selling author who’s going to die of old age before his son is a teen

This brought about the most gut wrenching moment of all. The child woke up with a monster under his bed. I tried to talk the monster because I have high social skills, but he went running into his parent’s room. The dad sprayed under the bed for masters, and the child hugged him. My heart broke more than any  Sims game has ever been able to do it before because I knew his dad only had a few days to live.
I am disabled. I use speech recognition because it is far easier and less time-consuming than typing. Please forgive any typos or inconsistencies due to this.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Connecting with tiny, digital people
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 12:28:04 PM »
Welcome to the forum, flawed Sim! I think it's easier to connect with these Sims, too.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 08:11:42 AM »
Glad I am not the only one. There are some sims that I keep around forever because I can't bear to let go of them and then some, I let age up naturally until they die of old age and I have maybe 2 families that I absolutely were in love with and could not let them age up.  Unfortunately, I lost all of my sims, due to some sort of problem when I installed pets, so guess will start over.  In sims3, I use to get all teary eyed when the grim came and always felt stupid, but hey, you do get attached.  Shh, don't tell anyone though.  LOL.

Welcome to the forum and happy simming.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline flawed Sim

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 09:55:03 AM »
Glad I am not the only one. There are some sims that I keep around forever because I can't bear to let go of them and then some, I let age up naturally until they die of old age and I have maybe 2 families that I absolutely were in love with and could not let them age up.  Unfortunately, I lost all of my sims, due to some sort of problem when I installed pets, so guess will start over.  In sims3, I use to get all teary eyed when the grim came and always felt stupid, but hey, you do get attached.  Shh, don't tell anyone though.  LOL.

Welcome to the forum and happy simming.

I enjoy the character arc from birth to death, so I don’t think I could bear stopping  it unless I was role-playing a Sim that was trying to live forever. My rags to riches sin died in the kitchen just left preparing dinner. Now,  his baby mama and son have almost burn through all of his money. It’s going to be interesting when I have to start selling things to keep the lights on. I’m determined to not make either of them do any work. The son might wind up playing guitar in the park,  but I’m going to try selling party rewards as a source of income first   My ultimate goal with him to see how many Sim’s I can impregnate   ;D
I am disabled. I use speech recognition because it is far easier and less time-consuming than typing. Please forgive any typos or inconsistencies due to this.

Offline amayasims2

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 02:32:50 PM »
I started my current household in June 2017 and I still haven’t aged them up! A lot of people ask me if I get bored, but the answer is no! I feel so attached to them, it’s kind of cool! It’s definitely an awesome escape from reality. I like taking my time making sure they excel in their career and aspiration (and getting all of their whims done). They vacation to granite falls often and they’ll always be new experiences without aging up. I truly never get bored with them!

anything