Author Topic: A Moving Out Problem  (Read 2742 times)

AmandaAdenine

A Moving Out Problem
« on: December 16, 2010, 11:02:30 PM »
So, my sim on the Xbox 360 married this guy, and long story short it didn't work out. But now I want to get him to leave the house and go on to do other things. But the only way to do this is to leave him behind and move to a new house (which my Sim really doesn't have the finances for, no cheats people!) or kick him out, and either way he will be deleted from the game. I don't want that to happen, I just want him not in my house. Does anyone know of a way to get him out of the house without deleting me or him from the game permanently?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: A Moving Out Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 01:22:05 AM »
Are you sure kicking him out will delete him from your game?  On the PC version, when you kick a Sim out, he or she takes possession of an empty house and stays in the game as a regular townie.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

AmandaAdenine

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 02:21:57 AM »
I thought it would just place him in another house too, but I got a warning message before I completed it saying that he would be deleted from the game. It kinda sucks because I don't want him to disappear, I just don't want him spending all my money, and I don't want to have to take care of his sim as well especially since we aren't together anymore.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 07:02:41 PM »
Sorry, I had a bit of testing the console game done tonight and I had this problem in mind when I checked through all those lessons, and they do say that the sims left behind will be deleted. What I'm thinking (but haven't tried) is that if you want that particular guy to be saved, at least for future references, can't you take him back to CAS with that very cheap karma power you begin with and save him to your studio?

I do not see how one could save him for that save game though. Maybe the best thing would be to take him away and meet someone new through the story progression?
(I know it sounds awful, but it depends on how attached you are to him)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

anything