Author Topic: Sims 3 Store  (Read 3876 times)

chachi0614

Sims 3 Store
« on: December 16, 2010, 11:33:14 PM »
So I have had the game for about 2 months, bought it the second day it was released, but has there been any word at all as to when the Sims 3 Store on the console will be available for players to buy items?

I like the items that I have but c'mon I need some new items to customize!

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Re: Sims 3 Store
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 06:55:29 PM »
I haven't checked into that feature yet, but my game makes it pretty clear that if I go online and make an "EA account", I can access both the exchange and the store. Do you have that? The code for it came in one of those small leaflets inside the game package.

PS. I mean the PS3 version.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

chachi0614

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 09:18:38 PM »
I bought the game the second day it came out and registered that same day with my access code. I can access the exchange of course with all the customized items that users have created 

But...

When I go back to the menu and access the store the message "The Store is currently empty. Please check again later." All I want to know is when the Sims 3 store, on the ps3, going to have stuff available for purchase and if the store already has items for purchase, is there something that I need to do?

I have tried checking the PSN (play station network) for Sims 3 in the search bar, and all that comes up is the access code thing that players can buy which of course...I ALREADY HAVE  :P

Anyways, does anybody know?

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 07:04:48 AM »
No, but I don't think that it will be an identical store to the PC since some of the PC store items are accessible by buying them with challenge points (steampunk comes up to mind). In light of that, it may be that EA will use the Sims PS3(/X360 maybe as well?) store to release other things, such as DLC's or expansion packs. Although, that is only hypothetical from my side...

At least you're in the loop if you check there. I'll see soon if I have the same problem. :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 11:08:02 PM »
There are two sets that were released this week (12/21): a collection of hair styles and the Ultra Lounge set. Both are $9.99. They can either be purchased through the PlayStation Store or through the in-game Sims Store.

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 05:06:50 PM »
Great, I knew they would start with it eventually. :)

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 07:06:33 PM »
If you go to the Store through the in-game link, you can also view a preview gallery of the items.

Flynn

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 02:40:03 PM »
I can buy the ultra lounge set using challenge points, its like modern style with yellow seating plus I know there is a few hairstyle sets on the points shop.
"Doors are for people with no imagination" - Derek Landy

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 01:24:36 AM »
I can buy the ultra lounge set using challenge points, its like modern style with yellow seating plus I know there is a few hairstyle sets on the points shop.

It's only a few items from the set (the couch and armchair at the very least). The Store item is the remaining items from the original PC set.

Flynn

anything