Author Topic: 2018 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament Overview  (Read 17709 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: 2018 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament Overview
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2017, 04:31:19 PM »
Welcome to the forums @hanalu and @Sam Priest. Good luck in the Challenge Tournaments.

Offline shashniae

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2018, 11:37:15 AM »
I am starting this tournament and I am so exsited.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 07:24:28 AM »
I am back from... I guess, 2015? :D For two last years, I had no chance to participate. But I hope I will be able to participate fully this year!

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 07:35:16 AM »
I have a question though. Do I have to own all stuff packs? I missed a lot, and buying all of them at once will cost a fortune :( I'm not sure if they affect the game drastically.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 09:10:18 AM »
I have a question though. Do I have to own all stuff packs? I missed a lot, and buying all of them at once will cost a fortune :( I'm not sure if they affect the game drastically.

Welcome back! I think the only challenge we've done that requires a stuff pack is the one with voidcritters. We try to keep the majority of the challenges at base game level, although occasionally having additional game or expansion packs might give a player a scoring advantage.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 09:34:19 AM »

Yeah, it seems like the trend with gaming publishers now is to nickel and dime players to death by constantly adding more and more stuff. :( EA is not alone in this respect, but sheesh...it's overwhelming sometimes between the Expansion Packs, Game Packs, and Stuff Packs. Okay, off my soapbox.

Offline Karababy56

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 08:14:38 PM »
Hello, so excited to enter this tournament for the first time. I wish I had Vampires so I could do that challenge, but alas, I don't. Ah well, I'll just bide my time and practice for the second challenge, Handiness. Thanks to whomever posted a thread on the official Sims forum about the tournament and answered my questions there. This person is the reason I'm here now. Good luck everyone!  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 05:15:59 AM »
Good luck, Karababy56. Is the Origin sale still on? If so, you might be able to pick up the Vampire pack for cheap.

Offline Karababy56

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2018, 05:49:00 AM »
@Metropolis Man

Yes, Vampires is still on sale, 25% off. But even at that low price, our budget just won't allow for it right now. It's a bummer, but I'll live. :)

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2018, 09:05:51 PM »
Are potions allowed for this year's challenges? Like insta-fun and insta-hygiene.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2018, 05:32:47 AM »
Are potions allowed for this year's challenges? Like insta-fun and insta-hygiene.

The team tried to lighten up a bit this year and reduce the number of banned things, so yeah...you're fine.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2018, 06:39:55 PM »
Okay, the team has gotten some recent questions on placing EA lots if one chooses to do that. Unfortunately, I am guilty of giving out conflicting answers, so let's be clear. Here are two changes that hopefully will clear things up...

All challenges begin in a fresh, virgin, completely unaltered town of your choosing. If you wish to place an EA lot such as the spa, then you must do so at the beginning of your file. Personal inventory items may be placed on non-home lots, but aside from this, non-home lots must remain unaltered.

Editing Non-Home Lots - Anything from personal inventory that can be placed on a non-home lot is allowed, but this is the only allowed editing of non-home lots.   

----------------

EDIT: @christinal3106 and @MomOfMany -- my sincerest apologies for giving out two different answers. Lol. Is the above word changes helpful? The bottom line is you CAN place EA lots, but the only edits you can make to any non-home lot is what could be placed from personal inventory.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2018, 07:40:12 PM »
Yes thank you this is helpful!

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2018, 09:37:14 PM »
Got it, thank you so much.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2018, 05:31:56 AM »
Can i clarify that "EA lot" is anything that comes in an official pack and does not include anything that EA makes through their official Maxi #?